• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2007

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Just want a heads up on whose going and what the plan is as far as when we are leaving and coming back. I'm going to give it another 2-3 weeks and then I'll register..IIRC passport is required for Canada? (lame). What are we looking at as far as roads and routes plus the biggest thing, how long of a drive this time..lol post up!

I can bet you that my passport has more visa's along with entry/exit stamps then you can imagine :)

Well you got me on the Visa's part. American citizens don't need visa's, at least I don't think so. But yea your probably right....mine only gets an entry/exit stamp from the Bahama's every year. BUT...I will be going to Ireland very soon so that's 1 more stamp :)

passports are not required this year to drive through Canada ...

if you go to google maps and punch in some addresses that should be the route we take ...

there is talk before of leaving weds morning and staying over in Buffalo that night then finishing the drive to Grand Rapids instead of driving it straight.

that is what was cover in the last SZ thread ...

You lucky people and your passports. :tongue:
I didn't bother getting one since it's not required for this year and I rarely travel. (changing that this year!)

I'm game for the two-day trip, would be pretty awesome to hang out in the Falls. I might stop by Syracuse and visit Jack since it's on the way and catch up with you guys.

a. take that long ass drive

oh please!! :rolleyes:
this years drive will be much shorter, Im thinking like what 10 -12 hours? Plus im not in the mood to stop anywhere to be honest with you guys, once I get one the road, no spending nights because days are precious to me and the time I take off

oh please!! :rolleyes:
this years drive will be much shorter, Im thinking like what 10 -12 hours? Plus im not in the mood to stop anywhere to be honest with you guys, once I get one the road, no spending nights because days are precious to me and the time I take off

i drove to chicago last summer...16 hours...thats a long time esp. in my svt with 140k on the clock...so dont oh please me!!!! :p

edit: according to mapquest (and they were right on the money for my chicago trip) it says 14hrs

Last edited:
i drove to chicago last summer...16 hours...thats a long time esp. in my svt with 140k on the clock...so dont oh please me!!!! :p

edit: according to mapquest (and they were right on the money for my chicago trip) it says 14hrs

yea ft wayne was the same almost..we'll hafta consult kim once she's back

I just drove this route today. For fun. With no stops except for that tidbit near New Bedford (found a cool McDonald's there a few months ago and cheap water at the KMart so I've gone back a few times).

This wasn't much considering the length of the SZ trip but I still feel I'm ready for it.

This wasn't much considering the length of the SZ trip but I still feel I'm ready for it.

The drive there you'll up and awake..on the way back however, I believe thats when we should stop somewhere cause thats the worse drive :blackeye:

That's a good point. Kim and Mike brought up the 2-day idea to begin with. I can only afford to do that once .. and it definitely sounds like doing that on the drive back is the better idea. We can wind down and have a rocking good time with good old NECEG bonding before completely ending the SZ adventure.

I took off Wednesday through Tuesday for that weekend. This gave me only three vaca days left for the rest of the year (10 days total, 5 for SZ and 2 for Cali in two weeks) so I'm planning to take one back. Thu through Tue sounds good.

What does everyone else think? One day or two ... or one once and two once (and if so, which drive)?

very excited :)

Make it a straight shot both ways. I agree with goonzy I'm not really at liberty to just take days off willy nilly. Once I'm on the road I wanna stay there until I reach my destination. Plus I can't really afford a hotel for one or two extra nights.

I believe from our house, the trip is about 13-14 hours, so that is about the same time some of you will have to look forward to. The rest will be a little less than that.

Mike and I took Wednesday to Monday off, like we usually do.
The 2 day trip out was just a brainstorming idea, but it doesn't have to be that way. I'm still on the fence about doing the split trip.
We don't ALL have to caravan together, either. The important thing is just being at SZ, regardless of how we get there.

It looks like we'd have a free place to crash according to this thread
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=8719 , but again, that's just brainstorming.

Its nice to travel in a big group, but sometimes it's cumbersome as well.
Do what you want to do, and don't do something you don't want to just because the rest of the group may be doing it.

We can do up a poll of the different options if you guys think that will help you plan. Then based on the results of the poll, the different groups of people can organize their own caravans on how they'd like to get there.

Back