• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nice stock brakes moron....

I simply do not understand why anyone would do this? The people in my neck of the woods that do choose to do this either live in mommie's basement or live in an apartment. :shrug: Considering how much they cost, I would think they'd by something other than a s$^%box with massive wheels.

Though, I do hope the rest of the retards around here decide to bite on that style, so it's easier to spot and avoid them at all cost :laugh:

I would love to see how well that car does in Roll over test.

.... "Make a hard right" *turns... Car rolls over*

No.. wait... as much as I hate that car, how sweet would it be to take your drivers test in it?

Just confuse the hell out of the instructor.

I would love to see how well that car does in Roll over test.

.... "Make a hard right" *turns... Car rolls over*

No.. wait... as much as I hate that car, how sweet would it be to take your drivers test in it?

Just confuse the hell out of the instructor.

it would make one hell of a driver's ed car

teacher : ok now apply the brakes
student : ok
car : runs through red light only to stop 5 blocks away due to a brick wall in the way

What do you think those wheels weigh?? As for stopping they are probably not as bad as you all think. If they were Al for sure it would take for ever to stop but acrylic is lighter then Al.

But they do look ridicules.

What do you think those wheels weigh?? As for stopping they are probably not as bad as you all think. If they were Al for sure it would take for ever to stop but acrylic is lighter then Al.

But they do look ridicules.

Assuming a 26" diameter acrylic ring you've got 3.7 sq feet of 1" thick(at least) acrylic; that's no light weight wheel. Then add to that the outer ring.

But the weight isn't the only thing that needs to be considdered.

You're also looking at a minimum 16" moment arm, verses the maybe 10" the brakes were designed for....

uggghhh i hate seeing big rims with lil poopy brakes, doesnt anyone know that if you slap on some big @$$ rims you need some big @$$ brakes, not just for stopping power but for looks too, small brakes are just so cheap and ghetto lookin, kinda like our stock svt rear brakes

Last edited:
...I just have to.

...I just have to.

f3cfaf65fd7c0f6f3925a95c05e3e1b4.gif

Temp Tags and big Rims. Don't worry a few missed payments and he will be right back to riding the bus again.

Back