• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E85 on contour

I think that you can, I believe CT has had 10% in there gas for some time, the difference you will notice is less miles to the tank ...

this was covered at some point before ...

DO NOT run e85 in your car unless it's built for e85. The e85 rots out rubber seals and is conductive so putting a electric fule pump in it is a bad idea. E85 is also 105 octaine. Unless your car is set up to run that high of octaine it will not run right and posibly melt something.

I think that you can, I believe CT has had 10% in there gas for some time, the difference you will notice is less miles to the tank ...

this was covered at some point before ...

E85 is not the same as fuel with 10% ethanol. Do not run E85 in ANY engine not specifically designed and calibrated to use it. E85 has significantly different fuel delivery and calibration needs than gasoline. The Dual-fuel vehicles are designed with different fuel systems, larger pumps and injectors, and sensors that detect which type of fuel is in the tank so the PCM knows what calibration to use.

i know its off topic, but on my wife's title, it says flex under the fuel type section, does that mean she has the dual fuel type?

Ford vehicles usually have a leaf somewhere on it if it's a flex-fuel.

Dunno if this image works for y'all, but the main site is blocked for me:

2000%20Ford%20Taurus%20Flex%20Fuel%20Symbol.jpg

Lemme know if it's not right, or one of the mods can remove it for me...

Some Zetecs came with the option to run on natural gas.

you would use propane and it doesn't take much to do it. you have to have a tank and delivery system. my dad had propane/ gas in his 94 Concorde. custom installed. it was for advertising. he works for a gas company and he took out the tank because propane is more expensive. he didn't see much improvement in MPG. he just just drive forever because he had 2 tanks. the tank was in the trunk. they also use propane injection on diesels for added power.

Back