• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mistyque transmission

More specifically this one:

Transmission
Mercury Cougar -2.5,MT,ID #97ZT-BA 44,000 A H939 $450.46 Cousineau Auto Parts Inc. - QRP Partner USA-WI(Appleton) Request_Quote 1-800-642-2550 Request_Insurance_Quote

Will this transmission fit into my contour svt?

Yes, it fits fine. It is essentually the same trans. You need to avoid the 97 and earlier and anything from a 4 cylinder car. Some of the later Cougars require a jumper wire for a sensor that is mounted differently, but the 99 should be the same as your SVT.

Yes, it fits fine. It is essentually the same trans. You need to avoid the 97 and earlier and anything from a 4 cylinder car. Some of the later Cougars require a jumper wire for a sensor that is mounted differently, but the 99 should be the same as your SVT.

Thanks, Big Jim you helped a lot!!! :)

transmission is in and my car is back on it's feet. All for under 1,000 bucks:) that's w/out the towing bill.

Picked up a used transmission in WI from a 99 cougar for 450 w/44,000 on it.

I'm so glad to have my car back!!!!!!!
i'll try and get pics of my old tranny b/c my differential blew 3 holes through the case and one of them is the size of my fist! I actually reached in there and pulled out one the gears.lol.

Last edited:
Check this out, its my old tranny i blew.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Back