• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

busted a$$ svt on route 1

dSVTj

CEG'er
bob and i were going down route 1 in north attleboro today and there was a silver frost svt going in the other direction. we followed it and the thing was a mess. no build number and the whole rear valence was ripped out. anyone know who it was? it was depressing seeing it so beat up

Last edited:
it was really sad. we saw it then bob whipped the car around and we followed thinking it might be a ceg'er or someone we could convert...we got next to it and saw the damage up close. we tried to see the build number but there was nothing but dings...

twas sad

I honestly thought it was ... did you put the black bumper on?

not yet, i gotta set up a time for my buddy to paint it, he just got back from FL and was sick for a couple of days...im kinda pushing it off as much as i can til there is no chance of snow cause i want the fresh paint to remain close to perfect for the summertime cause i think im gonna have him do the front while im at it

you're #1756, right? thats a build number
Yes .. but it's not something that is visible on the car. In fact in order to get your number you need to call the SVT telephone (800-FORD-SVT).

I think you're thinking of a vinyl decal on the front bumper? Some CEGers decided to copy that design from the Roush Mustangs (I think). It's completely optional and never came with the car from factory.

i believe they only did that to the saleens. but only a few ceg-ers have the numbers on their bumper. i'm debating if i want to put it there or not when i put one of my new bumpers on

most everyone around here has the build number decal on the front bumper. thats what i meant. i know the actual friggin build number isnt visible. the decal is very common tho

Yes .. but it's not something that is visible on the car. In fact in order to get your number you need to call the SVT telephone (800-FORD-SVT).

I think you're thinking of a vinyl decal on the front bumper? Some CEGers decided to copy that design from the Roush Mustangs (I think). It's completely optional and never came with the car from factory.

saleen stangs

most everyone around here has the build number decal on the front bumper. thats what i meant. i know the actual friggin build number isnt visible. the decal is very common tho

Not common. You and Bob are probably like 2 of 3 in the state to have that.

Back