• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall meet date

Fall meet date

• October 15

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Ovtober 22

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • October 29

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrApple

No Life But CEG
please respond with the prefered data that will work for you for the fall meet, most popular date wins ...

October

Poll ends in 4 days, by then I will put to gether my final idea for what to do that day, which will include

1. Essex Steam Train and River boat ~$26 each (2.5 hours total time)
  2. dinner (either in Essex or Enfield)
  3. back road drive ~2 hours as planned but will work to shorten but the roads will provide a great scenic route and some great driving roads, well worth it
  4. if no one wants to take a long drive we can do a quick one alone the shore, but no real good places to stop to take photos, but we can maybe get a spot along the CT river
  5. last thing to deside is where to meet, Essec or Enfield, if we meet in Enfield it is still an hour drive to Essex by highway

Last edited:
i need an option for 'whatever' since i dont think i have any disputes with either date.

fell as october passes on the prime of the fall colors will pass, so last year the peak was around the middle of the month, this year it could be sooner because of the lack of rain, I believe that is how it works anyway ...

the later in the month the less chance for a rain date ... but fyi the train/riverboat still run and they have a rain day coupon for 20% off ...

Man, are we really only going to have 7 people attend this year?
:blackeye:
And we need a tiebreaker to make it Oct 15th so we can all party down at Elky's the weekend after. ;)

Man, are we really only going to have 7 people attend this year?
:blackeye:
And we need a tiebreaker to make it Oct 15th so we can all party down at Elky's the weekend after. ;)

well either works for me, but I would lean to the 22nd so that I know I will have my car back from paint .... but it doesn't really matter

are people not interested because of the cost? All I can say it is really worth it, it is a great 2.5 hours ... check the web site out http://www.essexsteamtrain.com/

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but at this point, we will not be able to make any weekend. If things change I will let you know. Do you need to know in advance, or can we still buy tickets that day if we need to.

It sounds like a good time!

Sorry guys, but at this point, we will not be able to make any weekend. If things change I will let you know. Do you need to know in advance, or can we still buy tickets that day if we need to.

It sounds like a good time!

since group rates start at 25 people and I don't think we will get 25 people :cry: everyone will buy there own tickets when we arrive so that isn't an issue

also if you don't want to take the riverboat ride the tickets are cheaper, but I highly suggest doing both

Like I said before I'm planning on going but can't guarantee especially given the dates so I have been staying out of the planning process. I took the 13th-16th off in anticipation for a California trip that is no longer happening, but I'm planning to maybe take a road trip anywhere (I MUST get out of New England lol!) that weekend instead. The past few months have been very last-minute, plan-for-the-day-at-the-start-of-the-day type deals.

Steph said she may come too. She can't drive yet from having the knee surgery so if Doug (BF) is free then they will meet you in Essex.

i may not make this

You have to go!
I told Steph that since I can't check your car out in person that she should do it for me and take lots of pictures.
You must attend. :)

Back