• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mondeo mk2 parts

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
will the mondeo mk2 grille and headlamps fit on the contour. im guessing the headlamps wont cause of bulb differences.

will the mondeo mk2 grille and headlamps fit on the contour. im guessing the headlamps wont cause of bulb differences.

Body parts? You might get a front door to fit, might not... maybe a door handle :laugh:

Seriously, though... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 90% of the Mondeo panels will not fit a Contour.

Headlights look the same, but they are a totally different shape, and mount differently also... the bulbs would be the least of your worries!

This is why there are only a couple people with MkII Morettes on their 98+ Contour... they had to custom fab the mounts, hood, bumper, and fenders (maybe the grille too?) just to make them work.

The progress of getting a new design of headlight: Morette thread (Mike is lucky, I didn't get a set in return for letting them test fit and slightly modify my car :cry:)

Been about 4 months now since I last heard from them, so I'd say they gave up.

Comparison... Mondeo Morette on the left, Contour Morette on the right:
picture.JPG

Last edited:
the description you state is incorrect...

the Contour Morette is on the Left and the true Mondeo Morette is on the Right..

M!key sold me the Mondeo's and they are getting installed on my SVT this month.. I ordered a Mondeo Grill as well and it appears that the shop just needs to modify the radiator support, mounting area and perhaps a bit on the bumper and fender area.

Anything can be done with a reputable shop - Hopefully all goes well as once it happens I cant go back to stock, or at least I assume so

the Mondeo Morettes are weird though.. they really look like they would slide right in but they are shallower and slightly taller. I believe that the lights mount to the grill as well unlike our car.. The thing that makes it the most different is that in their land they do not have the 5mph front bumper reinforcement so everything has a different angle, instead of coming out it goes straight down.

Back