• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Component Speakers front doors?

Cinder

CEG'er
Does anyone have pictures of a CSVT with component speakers installed in the front doors. What I really want to see is where someone had a custom plate made from fiberglass and installed the component speakers.

Are you asking about installation in the Factory holes or in Kick panels or cutting the door panel up and making a new fiberglass enclosure?

I made a custom plate for 6.5" component speakers in the doors and use metal strapping to bridge the woofer for a tweeter mount. By no means glamorous but it does the job and looks factory.

http://www.4113pittsburg.com/Garage/2000SVTContour/Pictures/09300007.jpg

The picture is very large and did not have time to reduce it, hence the link.

i just drilled holes.
Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

I like both ideas. But i am looking for pictures of the stock speaker location. If it can be done. Thanks

I like both ideas. But i am looking for pictures of the stock speaker location. If it can be done. Thanks

Mine is in the stock speaker location. The crossover is located next to the speaker under the door panel. No cutting or modification of the panel is required. You will be able to put factory speakers back in. If you do not cut the factory speaker connector off.

09300006.jpg

Last edited:
circuit city sells a plate you cna put in there to have a 6.5 and a tweeter in that location

Back