• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Noob - Wanted to say Hi.

Big G

CEG'er
My name is Geno and I am new to the whole Contour thing,But have been wrenching on cars for 9 yrs. now. I just picked up a '95 Calypso Green Contour LX with the V6/Auto. I got it from my g/f's parents. It has been setting in their yard for about 3 yrs. now and I got for $600 beans. It had what we thought was a Alt. problem but after reading a few threads here we checked the Mega fuse and it was shot. Replaced that and we're charging away again. It still needs some stuff from setting like brake line(s),windshield,tires,and a few odds and ends. This is going to be my g/f car once we get it fixed up. I'll post up some pics. Once I get a chance of the before and the after the cleaning pics. I haven't cleaned it out yet. Just wanted to say hello and I have really enjoyed this forum so far. Really good info.

Peace,
Big G :cool:

Welcome to CEG, probably the best car forum with knowledgable and friendly members, I hope your girlfriend enjoys it as much as most of us enjoy ours it's a great platform and with the backing of this site for all your Contour needs it's a great experience. Good luck with all the repairs needed and we hope to see you around more often!

hey, welcome to CEG, don't forget to check out the regional branches in case you haven't already... since your in PA (like me :laugh:) check out the Northeast branch and keep your eyes posted for meets :).

Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope the car serves her well. The motor was replaced in it at some point. It still has the junkyard markings on it. It had 29,000 miles when it was put in don't know how many are on it now. Still runs good. It was her mom's car and she ran into a truck with it.(now has a dent in the drivers fender & front door.) I'm going to leave it as is cause my g/f is just getting her license (she's 26.) and I figure if she smashes it it won't hurt it any more than it is. :laugh: After she has driven for a little while I'll fix the door and fender and repaint it for her. I love the color. My Uncle's Ranger was the same color and It got me hooked on it.

Thanks again,

WTF? :confused: :crazy:

Ha Ha, Yah I know. She never really needed them before. Now we have a 2 yr old son and I work some wild shift at work so she decided it was time to get them. Just in case my son need to go to the doctor and I couldn't take them or the hospital(hopefully not) or she wanted to take him somewhere. After she gets them I'll probably never see her anymore :laugh:.Not that I see her much now anyway with work.:rolleyes:

My name is Geno and I am new to the whole Contour thing,But have been wrenching on cars for 9 yrs. now. I just picked up a '95 Calypso Green Contour LX with the V6/Auto. I got it from my g/f's parents. It has been setting in their yard for about 3 yrs. now and I got for $600 beans. It had what we thought was a Alt. problem but after reading a few threads here we checked the Mega fuse and it was shot. Replaced that and we're charging away again. It still needs some stuff from setting like brake line(s),windshield,tires,and a few odds and ends. This is going to be my g/f car once we get it fixed up. I'll post up some pics. Once I get a chance of the before and the after the cleaning pics. I haven't cleaned it out yet. Just wanted to say hello and I have really enjoyed this forum so far. Really good info.

Peace,

Make sure to flush the trannie fluid once a year, and to check it regularly. The CD4E ATX likes to overheat the first chance it can get. It can be prevented just by checking it and such a lot and using good trannie fluid.

I have a 23-y/o friend (who is from Maine of all places) who does not yet have her license. She's afraid of driving unfortunately and despite renewing her learner's twice now, still adamently refuses to get behind the wheel.

Come to think of it I also have another friend, same age but has two kids, who does not have hers either. Neither of them live in areas with mass-transit either!

Welcome Geno!

As KidSVT said, stop down in the north east forum and say hi. We have other members out your way.

Good luck with the tour!

She must be a city girl.

Big G, welcome to the group.

We live in a country town out here. I don't know if any of the PA people know where Kane is but that is were we live. I've been the one that has driven everywhere so didn't feel the need to have her license. Our son's doctor is about 20 mins. away so we have to drive there.
Again thanks for the welcome and the advice of the tranny fluid. I'll do that once we get the car squared away.I just picked up the new front springs today and hopefully we'll get the new tires this coming weekend. then it is to check the brakes(blown line somewhere) and fix that. Then having the windshield replaced. After that we'll get it lined up and on the road again.:cool:

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Welcome :) . No one mentioned this yet, but coolant half inch above max line, and engine oil half quart above max line (which will make a total of 6 quarts for the 1995 V6 with oil filter change).

Welcome :) . No one mentioned this yet, but coolant half inch above max line, and engine oil half quart above max line (which will make a total of 6 quarts for the 1995 V6 with oil filter change).

Thanks.I read about the coolant thing but didn't hear about the oil. I'll remember that when I change it out.

Welcome to the club! Hope you have some good luck with that ride.

Real surprised the exhaust isn't rusted out from sitting so long! Must be off to a good start!

Real surprised the exhaust isn't rusted out from sitting so long! Must be off to a good start!

I am too because the car had sunk into the ground about 6 inches or so.:eek: The engine cradle was setting on the ground. I had to jack the car up and put bricks into the ground so I could pull it out. I had a heck of a time getting a jack under the passenger side. It was about a inch off the ground. I had to dig a spot and use the scissor jack to lift it up.:laugh: In all it took me about 6 hrs over 2 days to get it out. Luckily the exhaust wasn't setting on the ground so I think that is what saved it. I think it is plugging up though cause it stumbles some when you give it gas and makes a sucking or popping sound . I'm probably going to have to take it off and do some inspecting on it. It might just be water in the gas or something too. We'll see. It runs really well and drives good for the little I drove it.(blown brake line)
Hope it lasts for a while.

Ok here is a pic of our '95. It was cold yesterday so I took it from looking out the window. I'm going to take some other pics. today since it is nicer out. I have to change the plugs and wires today. Might do the fuel filter too.if I get time.
l_fc2abdeb631f9c91d368d6c1cb77af84.jpg

Big G

Last edited:
Back