• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats the most youve filled up?

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I just had a tank fill up with 13.77 gallons. :shocked: Maybe its not that big of a deal, but Ive never run that low. Wasnt sure how much further the needle would go. Anyone go further than that?

I know I've put over 14 gallons in at least a couple of times. I usually don't fill up until the fuel light's been on for forty miles or so.:crazy:

12.4 is the most I've ever had to put in (a couple months ago)... and because of that, I need to replace the fuel pump again :mad:. I usually try not to go more than 170-200 miles on a tank (9-11 gallons) -- my gauge doesn't work right.

Your gallons are different than the UK ones, we are 4.54 L to the gallon.

So on cost.

When we were at our worst i paid £55 to fill up, at a rough estimate that is $104

Ouch

considering i have a bad fuel pump, i've never gone much further that 7 or 7.5 gallons. My que to fill up is when the gauge shows half a tank remaining

12.4 is the most I've ever had to put in (a couple months ago)... and because of that, I need to replace the fuel pump again :mad:. I usually try not to go more than 170-200 miles on a tank (9-11 gallons) -- my gauge doesn't work right.

I used to run it almost dry all the time until I had to pay for a new fuel pump. I try keeping it above a quarter now.

Corolla has a 12 gallon tank. I pulled into the gas station, filled up to 11.97 Gallons, I kid you not.

Something like 35 gallons on the Contour! :laugh:

Yep, the pump was on the "fritz". I only started noticing at 20 gallons or so and tried to "turn off" the pump. It wasn't pumping anymore gas but the meter kept running. Went in to the store and the clerk had to switch off the emergency. They gave me a song and dance for about a week when I asked for credit. Finally, I got fed-up, called American Express :cool: and got a credit right away based on what went in estimated by me to be incorrect. I think I still have the receipt somewhere.

I think my most was 14.something.The light came on and when I tried to accelerate (I was on the interstate) the car said no,I thought I was about to run out.I try not to go past a 1/4 left.My gas guage drops like a rock right before 1/4 left.It will read between 1/4 and 1/2 then drop real fast past 1/4,does yalls do that.

Back