• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mmmm Silver!!!

DyComet

Veteran CEG'er
Just wanted to share some work that I just completed for a CEG'er. Let me know how you think it looks.
powdereduim001.jpg

powdereduim002.jpg

powdereduim003.jpg

powdereduim004.jpg

I believe his was polished and not powdercoated. There is a huge difference in the two and there is no way any powdercoat can come out to look like that.

Looks pretty close to my color which is hyper silver. This will give you a general idea of how it looks on the car. Of course, my valve covers are painted to match. We'll have to see how it looks against black valve covers. ;)

503505_286_full.jpg

I think it looks really good. Great job.

But I would have spent some time grinding off all those casting lines so everything would look smoother.

I would've liked to have done that but the customer needed it back by a certain date which didn't allow me enough time to sand down the lines as well as some of the imperfections in the UIM.

whos the customer if i may ask? id be more worried about quality rather than the time personally, but thats just me.

If the customer wishes to announce himself then that's his own choice. The quality of the powdercoat is very good and when on the car it's basically going to be impossible to tell any of these. It will look just like it did before it was powdercoated the other color. The casting marks are there on everyone's UIM.

Back