• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they can... They specifically told Mikey that the prototypes were his to do with what he wishes... If he wants to sell them he can and whatnot.. which is what he did.

I'll have to talk to Justin and Tony... but I would assume the most they could do would be to make the mask reproduction for us which may or may not make us happy. Because we would still need to figure out the wiring and the guts behind the front mask piece.

could they not do their own version and "perfect" the design? Little changes here and there and they arent "morettes" any longer right?:laugh:

I dont think they can... They specifically told Mikey that the prototypes were his to do with what he wishes... If he wants to sell them he can and whatnot.. which is what he did.

I'll have to talk to Justin and Tony... but I would assume the most they could do would be to make the mask reproduction for us which may or may not make us happy. Because we would still need to figure out the wiring and the guts behind the front mask piece.

That sounds like a plan to me!!! All I really need is that front mask piece, Im sure I can figure a way to mount it to the back and put some projectors in it.

BTW I like this hood, minus the three front vents.
SEI-HD9398TYSUP-TB_b.jpg

I think we should move this discussion to its own thread so we could get some more opinions since most people won't really look in this thread. I know i didn't think about reading this, since i wasn't involved in the first group buy, till today. I think a CF or fiberglass hood would be great. I'm not a huge fan of the morettes but we'll see maybe Topshop can come up with something better.

Here's what I'd like to see... Small cowl for heat extraction, NACA style duct ramming right into the intake.

MK_HoodTest.jpg

Sorry it's sloppy, threw it together real quick-like...
"Please ignore the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it."

I was scrolling through this post...and then I see me car with a "CF" hood... I was like, hmm, #415 sounds familiar... WTF thats my car?! It was funny. Just thought I would share.

That sounds like a plan to me!!! All I really need is that front mask piece, Im sure I can figure a way to mount it to the back and put some projectors in it.

BTW I like this hood, minus the three front vents.
SEI-HD9398TYSUP-TB_b.jpg

its a nice looking hood n all but... its a straight hood. it doesnt seem to flow with the contours of a countour hood. Feel ma flow? But then again, these r just ideas right?

Nah I think it would look tight with the scoops going to the oval. And it would also go with my CF trunk with teh ducktail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back