• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's happening to me... it's been SO long in waiting, the anticipation and anxiousness is kind of fleeting. I just want to get it over with already and have my hood... :(

I'm excited to have it.. but it's like walking through a store as a kid and you mom telling you 'if you're good i'll get that for you' and going home empty handed :(

Waiting definitely sucks but this hood is so sweet it is worth the wait.

Mine has been sitting in bubble wrap for almost a year now. Anyone want one now? :laugh:

j/k I just need some free time to put the thing on already.

Waiting definitely sucks but this hood is so sweet it is worth the wait.

Mine has been sitting in bubble wrap for almost a year now. Anyone want one now? :laugh:

j/k I just need some free time to put the thing on already.
How on earth could you have something like that and just let it sit there??? It is only 4 bolts! Go put it on right now! Take us some pics and post them in here! I need a CF evo hood fix lol new pics!!!!!!!

lol well I want to paint it a certain way and I have other things that need painted (Mirko, etc.) so I'm waiting till I get it all painted and put it all on together.

That would be nice but calm down bro lets stand back & wait for the announcement before we hijack the cargo ship!

the last update I got the other day was that the contact was traveling from China to the factory in Kong Kong and would update us on our shipment within
a few days. He said he would not have internet connection during this time

Craig said that he hopes to have an update overnight.

Ok I'm really looking for any kind of update here. Do these people not have telephone access? To be this big of a company you would think they could keep in touch a little better. I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying but this is a ton of money to me as well as others im sure. I just would like a straight forward answer, like the hoods finished on this date not around or should be etc... Or they shipped on this date please I dont even care if they arent built still. I just want a definite straight answer. PLEASE:cry: ok rant over with

I'm going to have to agree w/ Trey on this The old adage that no news is good news really doesn't apply to this situation. We aren't blaming you NVMYSVT but we are saying that this company is notorious for blowing people off for month/YEARS before delivering. I don't think we should have taken the money upfront, they should have made the hoods, eventually, then recieved payment for them. Its like the dealers are wary of putting up the cash to deal w/ this company as well.
I should have never read the old GB thread on this b/c now I'm uneasy about the situation.

our hoods should be in the water... I believe we are just waiting on a date of when they would arrive.

I will email Craig again today to see if there has been an ETA announced to him yet.

Once I get mine I'm just selling it. If I still have it in March when its good to put on the daily driven SVT then I guess I will put it on. BTW the rights to my hood are for sale if anyone wants to get in on this!

I really hope they are on the way here. I need to set up a video camera at my door for when it does get here. My reaction is going to be priceless to say the least lol

Really feel bad 4 u guyz. I just ordered an aerogear fibreglass evo hood yesterday on viniati.com. The website says it takes 5-7 business days to get em. It would be really sad if i also have to wait this long to recieve it.

Having been involved in the old original group buy set up by NorCalCoug, I have to say I see some similarities. Now, to be honest I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this is the same chinease company we dealt with before, but if it is, I think their comunication is just very bad. One of the biggest reasons people never got their hoods in the last buy is because they gave up. I understand people sell their cars or lose interest in modding their Tours or whatever, but I encourage you guys to be patient. One thing I can say is that the hood I recieved had great quality as far as the weave and the clarity and everything. I've had many, many people tell me that it reminds them of one of those 3D posters that were popular years ago where you stare at it long enough and an image appears. If this is the same company, patience will be rewarded with a nice product, from my experience anyway. Plus there are how many of these hoods out there on cars???
P4020081.jpg

P4020086.jpg

Last edited:
Having been involved in the old original group buy set up by NorCalCoug, I have to say I see some similarities. Now, to be honest I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this is the same chinease company we dealt with before, but if it is, I think their comunication is just very bad. One of the biggest reasons people never got their hoods in the last buy is because they gave up. I understand people sell their cars or lose interest in modding their Tours or whatever, but I encourage you guys to be patient. One thing I can say is that the hood I recieved had great quality as far as the weave and the clarity and everything. I've had many, many people tell me that it reminds them of one of those 3D posters that were popular years ago where you stare at it long enough and an image appears. If this is the same company, patience will be rewarded with a nice product, from my experience anyway. Plus there are how many of these hoods out there on cars???
It isn't the patience that we dont have. It is the fact that no one can get in contact with this company. We cant get a straight definite answer on if the hoods shipped if they have been made or anything. I cant see a company that does as much buisness as aerogear doesn't have a phone:shrug: The number for their warranty support is also now a non working number. It just bothers me they do not contact their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back