• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I going to have to bring you a paper bag?
J/k I am also patiently twiddleing my thumbs in hopes this arrives before Nopi.
I might need one lol. 44 days before I leave for the show. If they have hit the sea already then they should be here just in time I think. I'm crossing my fingers.

I dont know how you guys are taking it! Im not even in the group buy and im sad for you peoples. its been like 5 months...OUCHIES!!!

- Amyn

We're still doing better than that legendary CF hood GB!

...and anyone who wanted in on the Kaotic (AAS) kit. So we're OK in my book. :D

I wish I coulda got into that group buy... except it ended 1 week before i got my CSVT.....

Maybe if someone doesnt like theirs or something....

- Amyn

No kidding, I was in on the original buy for this hood, plopped down $425 or something, waited roughly 2 years. So 5 months? heh. Good to see more of these being made, although I liked being one of a dozen or so people with it.

No kidding, I was in on the original buy for this hood, plopped down $425 or something, waited roughly 2 years. So 5 months? heh. Good to see more of these being made, although I liked being one of a dozen or so people with it.
I'm lucky to own a car 2yrs much less wait on a new hood that long

So to pass the time... who's planning on running hood pins? I'd rather not, but I don't know if I'd need to worry about the latch otherwise....

There were some nice almost flush mount ones that were posted a while back that I think I'm going to get. I have to figure out the name of them but I think Goonz posted them. Weren't cheap but neither is our hood so better safe than sorry in my book

http://aerocatch.net/ These are the ones. They are sweet too!http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm
photo-non-locking.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I know about them and all, I just didn't want to go cutting up the hood. That, and it breaks up the nice smooth appearance of the hood. Ah well, I guess it's better than risking the latch breaking...

they had to reproduce the entire carbon shipment. We now have our own 20 foot container that is hitting the ocean.

I got an update on Friday from Craig.... the container was given to a customs agent so they could book the ocean transport.

I will have more information including the ETA on our container late next week.
Any news yet:laugh:

I should get a reply shortly... we are waiting on news from the manager at the plant... remember the people we are waiting on news from are not on the same time zone as all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back