• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's up people???

wontgrowup

CEG'er
Hey everyone!!

I figured I'd drop in and see what's new.....Some updates for the curious:

1) For those of you that weren't aware, I purchased an SVT Focus ZX5 last year after coming back from Active Duty last year. I have to say, it's one of the most purely "fun" cars I've owned! It's nice to have a 4 banger for gas mileage and ease of "tweaking" (no more 14" long extensions to get spark plugs out!). The car actually (unlike the Contour) responds quite well to ECU flashers-my Wife bought me a SCT Xcal II for xmas and it makes a big difference in driving feel! (dyno'd 10 hp 12 ft-lbs at the wheels for the program I have running currently)

2)For those of you out near Wrentham/Foxboro area, beware of Franklin Ford!!!! I just completed a four month long dispute with them through the Better Business Bureau-let's just say they screwed me pretty well and refused to fix the issue(s) after I purchased the car-nothing serious, but crap they should have fixed before putting it up for sale.

3)Another little item I found out-It turns out my car was #850 of 1075 SVT's built in 2004; only 175 ZX5's were sold with the EAP that I have; and rumor has it that I have one out of supposedly 5 or so SVT ZX5's that were sold with Sonic Blue paint!!! I have a "hook-up" at a Ford Dealer in South Carolina (e-mail me if you need anything-his prices are VERY reasonable!) that I met through Focus Fanatics who swears that there was never a factory option for Sonic Blue on the SVT ZX5's (they allegedly had left over paint and used it up at the end of the Model run)- he is in the process of contacting a colleague at Ford to get me a definitive answer.....

4) And, even better, after a long custody dispute, my son Colin (who will be 14 this year) has finally moved in with myself and Holly, which makes our 1100 sq ft apartment seem small somehow.....especially with one bathroom!LOL! It's going to be weird having my ex pay ME child support now.....

Anyway, I hope everyone is well!! Elky, I'll keep my eyes out for your Hearse-maybe one of my Air Force friends out west can locate one....Oh, and I'm still awaiting word on being called up for Active Duty-I'll keep you guys posted if I'm sent over to the Desert...Take care of yourselves!!!

Last edited:
good news about the FSVT!! sucks that dealership screwed ya, i was unaware they came with build numbers and everything too (good to new) that sonic blue color is awesome too, congrats on the son moving in also, thats some good news all around

Sonic Blue is delicious :drool: didn't know it wasn't offered on the SVT ZX5!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!!!!!

Actually, my understanding is that 2004 was the ONLY year they made ZX5 SVT's and the Sonic Blue was just a freak of luck....there was supposedly very, very few of those made at all!!

Actually Kimmy, he's pissed that his Mom wouldn't let him move out sooner....that and the fact that my Wife was so enthusiastic and supportive of the whole thing, just makes it that much easier. Can you believe he and his Buddies have never been up to hampton Beach??? I told him I'm taking him and his two Buds up during the summer to "cruise the strip"...

Here's a pic for you all:

lol crusin' the strip. Nice! It's not as fun as it used to be, but hey, might as well experience it anyway.

the car looks great!

hahaha
we used to cruise hampton every wednesday night and the occasional saturday night.
not much fun to sit there in a V8 car with no A/C in hot weather going 1/2 MPH.
haha

but we still did it every week!

I don't think I've ever been to Hampton Beach either. Maybe when I was two.

Haha!!!

Haha!!!

Yeah, I drove a manual-trans 86' IROC z-28 "back in the day" with NO A/C-it looked cool with the t-tops off though....at least I thought it did...I figured they still ahve all the same arcades, stores and.....girls. Isn't that what every teenage guy is looking for??? I sure as hell wouldn't let me son cruise around downtown Springfield .....ever!!

Thanks for the compliment, Kimmy! How are you and Mike; Elky and Mrs. Elky liking married life?? Not so bad, is it??;)

Back