• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

why is this happening again???

based on the images on each site, autolumination ans superbright leds they seem to look exactly the same ...

also I just noticed that autolumination has the green #74 bulbs for the door handles on pre98s for $0.99 ... where when I just check with Ford, about the only place I could find them they where $22 each I was told ... and they have been out of production since 04

yeah autolumination has some good prices, and I like that they start shipping at $2 and not the standard $5 that superbrightleds does. SBL has more technical data on their product though, which is nice.

Just wanted to update you guys on this situation. I emailed superbrightleds.com about my failing/flickering bulbs and this is the response I got:

All of our 12 Volt car bulbs are designed to operate up to
14.8VDC.

I think we may have gotten a bad batch of festoon bults at some
point because I have been hearing this a lot lately.

What is the part number of the bulbs that keep failing in your
license place illuminator ?

Thanks
Greg
Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
superbrightleds.com

Wierd, my autometer LED bulbs did the same thing. They lasted about 4 months before flickering then going out. I warrantied them out and now a few months later one just started doing it tonight.

Back