• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally Finished the Tour!

Where are ALL the "custom fabricated" parts you speak of!?

Search the old forums. I basically only posted when I made something new, but I machined switch-panels for pre-98 consoles, machined a new cupholder assembly, I machined an aluminum rear window camera mount, and I machined all the hardware for the new trunk.

The trunk supports are solid billet, and they can be seen earlier in the thread. I bought a Bully fuel door, which I had to cut down on the lathe, and I made it fit PERFECTLY flush with the surrounding quarterpanel. I then added a locking fuel cap, and fabbed up a bracket to hold the fuel neck in place.

I modified the wiring for the overdrive switch in the shifter so that it could be integrated with my switch panel, then I made a billet sleeve to separate the rusty shaft and the new shift handle.

I made my own door sill plates. I was the first one to cut an oval hole in their IMRC cover. I made my own HVAC overlay. I custom cut my grille material from thick grade material and used a sheet metal break to make my angles perfect. I machined my new dipstick, and machined several other small pieces under the hood. I machined my battery hold-down from a solid block of billet.

I did all the body work to the car- the bumpers were molded and the rear quarter-lines were shaved.

These mods are just to name a few.

Car doesn't look that bad, except, as everyone else said, the wing.

Personally, rice or not, I'm just not a big fan of parts that serve no purpose, like the big wing. Even worse is when a part doesn't even pretend to serve a purpose though, like neon underbody lights, or the flamethrower exhaust you're putting in.

But whatever, to each their own.

Search the old forums. I basically only posted when I made something new, but I machined switch-panels for pre-98 consoles, machined a new cupholder assembly, I machined an aluminum rear window camera mount, and I machined all the hardware for the new trunk.

The trunk supports are solid billet, and they can be seen earlier in the thread. I bought a Bully fuel door, which I had to cut down on the lathe, and I made it fit PERFECTLY flush with the surrounding quarterpanel. I then added a locking fuel cap, and fabbed up a bracket to hold the fuel neck in place.

I modified the wiring for the overdrive switch in the shifter so that it could be integrated with my switch panel, then I made a billet sleeve to separate the rusty shaft and the new shift handle.

I made my own door sill plates. I was the first one to cut an oval hole in their IMRC cover. I made my own HVAC overlay. I custom cut my grille material from thick grade material and used a sheet metal break to make my angles perfect. I machined my new dipstick, and machined several other small pieces under the hood. I machined my battery hold-down from a solid block of billet.

I did all the body work to the car- the bumpers were molded and the rear quarter-lines were shaved.

These mods are just to name a few.

Come on everyone, let's lighten up on the poor guy. Can't you see he's a complete original. We should leave him alone after all he was the first to cut a hole in his IMRC cover, and he made a dipstick.

Plus he has these
2364138_14_full.jpg
b!tchin' floor mats.

Last edited:
Are you going to cry about this mean 'tour? WTF, seriously... Your truck is just as much rice, if not more then BigC's. He likes it, so leave him alone.

Are you going to cry about this mean 'tour? WTF, seriously... Your truck is just as much rice, if not more then BigC's. He likes it, so leave him alone.

What? Cry, who said anything about crying? There's no crying on the CEG forums. Who the **** ****** ***** ***** do you THINK you are?

Didn't I just say that everyone should just leave him alone? I don't really know when or why I became your bithc in this, I didn't say anything that others didn't say about the wing, etc. But whatever.

Boo hoo, I like my truck, so maybe you need to leave me alone. boo hoo.

I do think it is funny that in the same sentence as you telling me to leave him alone, you admit that his car is rice.

BUT, since Lil'C likes it (I wasn't aware of that, so sorry) WE should just all LEAVE him alone.

So solly big Joe. USA numbah 1!

Last edited:
Who the f******* are you?

I'm Rawburt, if you don't know that by now then just give up.

Yeah everyone gave there opinion on his car, but noone is dragging it out like you. And quite honestly its unnecassary and annoying. Stop being an a$shat and you wont be treated like one. :idea:

the flaming exhaust isn't a kit, I fabbed it all myself. I made the stainless endpipe, and welded in a stainless nut to hold the spark plug.

Sorry, no group buy. Though I'm sure you'll disregard it once again, flamethrower exhausts are an AMERICAN thing that leads back to the early days of hotrodding. Hardly rice. My hood pins don't stick on, and YES, THAT IS GUTTER GUARD.

Of course you made it yourself, I never doubted it. Are you sure we all can't get in on it? Group buy, you could make some Yen.

I'm sure you are right, historically, about the flaming exhaust. But when it is in a Fast and Furious movie, it's RICE!

I didn't say YOUR hood pins were stick-ons. And NO it's not Gutter Guard, I have some of that, and this is much thicker and stiffer.

But watch out when you insult Gutter Guard, I bet there are many Gutter Guard grills on the C.E.G.

Let's just agree to disagree, and leave it at that. I'm glad you like your car. Even I can tell that a lot of work has gone into it, and even if I don't PERSONALLY love the outcome, I do respect the amount of labor and customization that went into it. XX OO

Last edited:
I'm Rawburt.

Stop being an a$shat and you wont be treated like one.

Oh little Rawburt, I've heard of you: I JUST DON'T CARE.

Come on, I was going for ass hole but you only give me ass hat? I'll just have to keep trying. Everyone needs a hobby, right?

Last edited:
The car is definetly 'unique'. Theres parts of it I like and parts I don't. Of course. The wing.. But I really like how you shaved the indents on the bumper I planned on doing this 2 years ago when I started modding but Now i've seen it done. And I like it.

But it's your car and if you like the wing i guess nobody else should have the right to tell you to take it off.

Last edited:
Back