• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ugg here we go.

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
ok so the altenator is probally going we got it from advance and it has a 1 year warrenty. now should i just get it replaced agian from advance or should i go to ford. Isnt motorcraft part of ford. id like to get this taken care of so i dont ever have to replace that stupid altenator agian.

so it goes Altenator Ford remanufactured?
Mega Fuse
And the harness that goes from battery to altenator,fuse box and starter

anyone wanna come help when i do this. im probally going to have a whole weekend where my car gets all the mnb interior put in ,the new bumpers and side skirts, altenator, svt brakes, dyna matting the trunk and what not. and also probally guting the pre cats. and hell why not make the optimized y pipe should be a good 24 hour project.

Man, that sucks. That is my least favorite repair on this car. Took me 3 days. :help: Wound up using a lift @ a friends autobody shop to finish. Hope it all works out for you.

your on. haha. it shouldnt take that long. all interior comes out dynamat all new interior goes in first half of day. 2nd half bumpers and side skirts go in along with brakes. it will probally just be my dad and i

Buy my contour. Its got a brand spaking new alternator, clutch etc.

Trust me...you will not like your car while you're doing this.

DanMyers came over to give me a hand on mine, and let me tell you...it sounded like a truck stop with the way I was talking, he can attest to that as well. :laugh:

Depending on the condition of your Y-pipe, You could take that off...

Last edited:
When you take your cats off to gut them, do the alternator. It will be easier.

Go to Ford and get the new alternator if you can, they seems to be the best. As Jason said, the majority of the Ford alternators are re-manufactured but still have the longer life. You don't want to run into changing that thing more than you have to, it's a PITA!

If you get all that done in 24 hours and claim Shawn's car (Black 98 CSVT) I'm calling dibs on his hood. ;) :D

Ian wins the bet, we swipe all the parts. :D

yeah if i get his car well im taking it all you guys can have whats left. you can have more if you help haha

shouldnt be that hard to do? hmm i might have a shop do the ypipe cause im lazy

yeah if i get his car well im taking it all you guys can have whats left. you can have more if you help haha

Umm, if I help, I get the hood. If I can't have the hood, I won't help. Deal? :)

You'll need an extra pair of hands to get all that accomplished in 24 hours. You gonna feed us?

That's what I have. So far so good.

Off to Summit now to get me a new glass pack. :cool:

:cool:

Is there a store in PA? I know there is one in OH.

No, we drove to the Ohio one. Geoff forgot to turn off and follow 76. We stayed on 80 and wound up near Cleveland!:help: He is not navigating to Carlisle.:laugh:

yes you can have the hood if you help i just want the car as my DD haha. but yeah i might call on you guys sum weekend to help you should be fed and boozed. we usually work on the car at my grandparents since they have a nice flat driveway and yard. plus they have ondemand haha

No, we drove to the Ohio one. Geoff forgot to turn off and follow 76. We stayed on 80 and wound up near Cleveland!:help: He is not navigating to Carlisle.:laugh:

LMAO! No navigating for Geoff. We'll have to bust on him for that a bit. :)

yes you can have the hood if you help i just want the car as my DD haha. but yeah i might call on you guys sum weekend to help you should be fed and boozed. we usually work on the car at my grandparents since they have a nice flat driveway and yard. plus they have ondemand haha

OK. Let me know when.
Now, we have Shawn stating that he will give you his car, it's in writing on a public forum...no worries there, he can't back out now. ;)
I can't wait until you put all the parts on the car, it's going to look good.

Back