• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How do I remove the 60A fuse!?

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
OK...so my ABS light came on and my heater fan stopped working. One of my 60amp fuses went bad...so I got a new one from Ford. NOW, I have no idea how to get this stinking thing out! It is pretty much demolished...which is fine because it was blown anyways. But has anyone else had to replace this, or can someone tell me if theres just pulls out? It is fuse #3 in the engine bay fuse box. Is there some sorta trick to take this think out?! This was supposed to be a 1 minute fix...and now I have been at it for an hour! Please help guys...

Unclip what? I have noticed a tab that holds in the rectangular box that holds the three fuses in... Is this what you are referring to? I tried to take that out and still to no avail...I hold the tab back and the rectangular box seems to come up a lil bit but it doesn't come out. This is crazy...

You have to pull that fuse holder up as far as it will go. Then its either a 7 or a 8 mm nut on each side to release the fuse.

Make sure you disconnect the batter as if you touch the car with the tool your using you get a lovely shock.

Alright...that helped a lot Steeda. Thanks. I have the darn thing pulled up now and I still can barely get the wrench on there...I am about to take my dremel and do some trimming... Whoever designed this deserves a darwin award cuz it is seriously retarded... Sorry if I offend anyone.

Back