• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clarion DXZ775USB

96BlackSE

CEG'er
Anybody have experience with Clarion DXZ775USB??? This model has a ton of features USB, bluetooth, ipod connection, and there are 728-color possibilities so I am sure one of the green lights will be similar to the dash color (i just hate when the cd players colors don't match all the other things

Or Clarion in general are they good, hows the sound quality?

I have a DXZ755MC. It's a very very similar unit, except mine's a 2005 model and has built-in flash memory for ripping CDs to the HU in place of the USB, BT, and iPod. The color variability is just plain outstanding. You should be able to match virtually ANY color, and the buttons change as well as the display. The CeNet interface makes expansion a snap, and keeps you from cluttering up your dash with various control panels.

If I have one gripe, it's generally with the readout display. It's easy to read and has all the information you want, but looks somewhat dated. The screen is of slightly too low resolution for the screensavers, but now that I have Sirius and utilize the display for song info I no longer use the screensaver. One cool thing about the screensaver, you can program in your own message to scroll. At one time mine scrolled "Ford Contour" across it.

Sound quality and build quality are outstanding. You won't be disappointed!

One thing you might consider...I have no idea what you're about to pay. Mine retailed for $599.99, but I picked it up brand new online for about $225.00. Go to PriceGrabber.com to see who has it cheapest, and you can get a killer deal if you're willing to look at last year's models. The Clarion website has all the 2006 model info still on it, so you can compare features.

Bottom line, would I recommend a Clarion unit? Absolutely. Good quality, a good price if you search, good warranty, and they're not so common that a dozen of your friends will have anything similar.

I think I'll be going with a Clarion this time... I checked ebay and they are around $240-250 which is reasonable
I got a lot of stuff to buy before spring, hopefully I can manage to buy one soon
Thanks for all your help!

Back