• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just saying.....

sounds like you alternator is going to take a dive shortly just like Allen said mine did the same exact thing for almost 2 weeks then left me stranded the alternator was cooked and the houseing was cracked and the bearings sounded horrible inside. I hope you went and bought a ford motorcraft alternator since they seem to hold up better than the autozone ones. write back and let me know which one you used. I did the alternator and megafuse change on mine nad checked over the wires and mine all seemed good. i hope you have better luck

i think my pops picked it up from pepboys. so i dont kno what it is. my negitive wire melted its shielding right next to the teriminal. i only get the battery light when at full throttle and its intermit. sumtimes at 5000 sumtimes at 4000. usually as i can tell depends on if its wet or not

Don't go to that mervin place,

they fuking charged me 286 to get two mufflers and two tips installed. So since my parts were @ 210$ that brought total cost to close to 500$ for two mufflers and ****. I think i'm done moding cars since I have a sucker sign above my head.

rape.jpg

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Holy **** thats nuts! For that much I could get 2 complete installed dual exhaust setups at the shop by my place! It cost me 80 bucks to get everything from the manifolds back with new muffler on my Riveria... Small buisness FTMFW!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Holy **** thats nuts! For that much I could get 2 complete installed dual exhaust setups at the shop by my place! It cost me 80 bucks to get everything from the manifolds back with new muffler on my Riveria... Small buisness FTMFW!

This is a small buisness, one that took a fancy to my @sshole.

I gotta say, being charged that really killed any enthusiasm that i had left for moding this car.

i think my pops picked it up from pepboys. so i dont kno what it is. my negitive wire melted its shielding right next to the teriminal. i only get the battery light when at full throttle and its intermit. sumtimes at 5000 sumtimes at 4000. usually as i can tell depends on if its wet or not

I'd get it tested pronto. You don't want to be stuck on the side of the highway in the coming nasty weather.

Ian your alternator is definatley on the outs again thats for sure. Do yourself a big favor purchase a alternator from Ford it will be a remanufactured one since new ones are hard to come by unless they have overstock at your particular dealership from years gone by, personally i did'nt have that luck. Also i would pickup a new mega fuse while i was there and then directly head to the local scrap yard and find a good wiring harness that leads from the battery to the alternator, starter, and fender fuse box which is not to hard to come by, I allready had the wonderfull opportunity to replace these crapy wires on a svt and what a wonderous job it is when your going into it blind for the first time. now that i have done it once it wouldn't be so bad again though.

Back