• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moosing

dlw316

New CEG'er
I've read up on the moosing noise, but have read anything that suggests if that is the cause of the intermittent dying that follows the the moose noise... Thanks in advance...

What I was trying to right was.. Does the intermittent dying usually follow the moosing noise, and if so is could that be part of the IAC valve..

Yes, the moosing can get bad enough to cause engine stall. A 3 foot section of hose to replace the IAC hose or the Throttle Hang fix would be your easiest solutions to this problem. I really don't see a need to replace the IAC unless it is actually malfunctioning.

.... A 3 foot section of hose to replace the IAC hose or the Throttle Hang fix would be your easiest solutions to this problem. ....
I am hesitant on this. Some of the folks from over the pond suggested this but when I requested a follow up post, they did not follow up. I am concerned and I think I read somewhere once, that the hose could end up sitting on the throttle cable causing more issues. Believe me, I have thought through a lot of these methods. I now have the modified bagpipe fix.

I saw a post where somebody simply coiled up the hose & used cable ties to secure it out of the way. Their reason was for aesthetics, but it can apply to a practical reason as well. I don't see where this would be an issue with the throttle cable if you just think a few seconds about placement...

I saw a post where somebody simply coiled up the hose & used cable ties to secure it out of the way. Their reason was for aesthetics, but it can apply to a practical reason as well. I don't see where this would be an issue with the throttle cable if you just think a few seconds about placement...
I think you saw the same post I did and I posted the question after that and have not received a reply. This was in the old forums. I can't remember where I read about the coil up "loop" messing the throttle cable.

Back