• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

More gooder wreck pictures

Any idea why it didnt have the airbag sensors?? My first tour was in a pretty brutal accident where a guy in an SUV hit my drivers fender at about 40 mph and no bags went off either....

Is this a vaccuum regulator?

DSCF0862.jpg

Look at the 2 bolts on either side of the pic, in this general area is the sensor location. I was a 'tard today and didn't take a pic of the stock location today in the junkyard, but will tomorrow.

see? nothing there at all. That's another trip. I think they'll be safe to pull from a junked car.

DSCF0861.jpg

Any idea why it didnt have the airbag sensors?? My first tour was in a pretty brutal accident where a guy in an SUV hit my drivers fender at about 40 mph and no bags went off either....

When we repainted the car last spring, there was evidence of a previous accident. Different paint under some parts on the passenger side. The front bumper had been repaired, and very well too, in a few places as well. It appears that this isn't the first time it's been up someones tailpipe.
But unless you took it apart like we did, you would never know. There was no visible indicators at all and nothing in the carfax history when I purchased the car.

that is the IAC.

Seriously why are you trying to fix this?! No insurance?! You are going to spend more time and money than it is really worth. Unless you have a ton of free time on your hands. :blackeye:

The question is, why do you want me to junk it? That's the second comment you've made wondering why I wouldn't repair it. EDIT: Actually, the first comment was hoping that it get's totaled.

You're not going to get anything off of it. :p:shocked: :laugh:

I do have insurance, full coverage as a matter of fact. Next month the car is paid off as well.

There is no reason not to fix it when I have at my full disposal a body shop, frame shop, a father that owns it and has more than 40 years of body man experience, my own experiences and skills (although admittedly rusty) from growing up in the body shop and junkyards that have everything I need.

But the biggest reason is, simply because. That's it, just simply because.

IAC Damn I was beaten to it. I never forget a part I've had to replace.

Interesting to see what is inside of it though.

my E0 has the airbag sensors mounted to brackets that hang off the radiator support.you can see them in the pic below.
i noticed in a pic i have of a 99 SVT the brackets are not there so they must have moved the sensors.
so in that accident my airbags would have gone off.
ffw03engine.jpg

Just got off the phone with a lady from the ins co and she gave me some intersting news.

She's trying to determine who is at fault for the accident. She spoke with the driver from the Magnum and according to him he felt the impact from the truck and then heard me hit the truck.

So, slightly good news, eh?

so did the truck leave any skid marks?
because if he hit eh magnum without trying to stop, that would leave you no warning what so ever and might clear you form being at fault.
that would be nice.

Yea. Just state you never saw any brake lights.
I never saw a thing to begin with.

And no skid marks from any of us. The only marks are from my tires popping when I went under the truck. There was a lot of salt on the roads too. Maybe that would prevent alot of rubber from being left?:shrug:

I think Mike trying to fix the car totally make sense.

The same situation happened to me last December. I hit a deer. Insurance Co adjuster determined it's a $2040 loss. My deductible is $250. With most factory parts from Tousley Ford (much cheaper than listed on the adjuster's estimate), and some parts Mike found for me from the junk yard, Mike and I spent one evening to restore it to pretty good condition. Of course I didn't get the car repainted. However, the adjuster only allowed the hood, both fenders to be repainted and the body shop strongly recommend against that. They recommended a full car paint because otherwise 1 year later the car will look terrible with different hue/color at different parts. So I pocketed a good $1100 toward my full car repaint fund. Or simply my turbo fund. :laugh:

So if Mike and his dad can restore the car professionally, why not pocket the change for the later improvement? From the look it will definitely be more than my $2040 loss. So he may be even get a new 3L put in for free? :laugh:

I never saw a thing to begin with.

And no skid marks from any of us. The only marks are from my tires popping when I went under the truck. There was a lot of salt on the roads too. Maybe that would prevent alot of rubber from being left?:shrug:

I thought you said this in the first topic?
There was about 30ft of skid marks from my car so I guess I hit the brakes hard at some time but don't recall.

Are there any pictures of the marks that you mention?

As I go over it more, certain things come together.

The best I can figure, and I'm no expert, the marks that were left are from the tires popping. Two lines from each tire from the inner and outer walls.

All of the pictures I took are posted for everyone to see. I don't see anything that shows any marks though.

Back