• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Latest Top Gear

LMAO! I'm betting it was staged, but if it wasn't, that took balls (or just pure British, stiff-lipped stupidity).

I know of a couple of towns in Southern OK and of one particular town in East TX that would have had them a) shot at and b) placed in jail...

...by the exact same people.

Regardless, that was blisteringly funny. I'm guessin' some of ma' kinfolk can't take a leg-pullin'...

Last edited:
Get used to it. $5 says that since Borat hit so big, every third movie producer in the UK is trying to find someone who can do accents to wander through the US and try to make people uncomfortable.

LMAO! I'm betting it was staged, but if it wasn't, that took balls (or just pure British, stiff-lipped stupidity).

I know of a couple of towns in Southern OK and of one particular town in East TX that would have had them a) shot at and b) placed in jail...

...by the exact same people.

Regardless, that was blisteringly funny. I'm guessin' some of ma' kinfolk can't take a leg-pullin'...

I forwarded the link to my dad , who lives in Georgia & he said :
"God, that was wild. Some of the posters think it was a setup, but sadly it probably was real. There are plenty of people like that in the deep south."
He's certainly got a sense of humor about living in the south :) .

just to let ya know, i reckon about 99% of us brits found that to be the funniest episode of Top Gear ever, but we can see how it might cause offence to some people, least they did a good deed at the end, giving away the cars for free to the people of New Orleans, does make you think how bad it still is down there

I thought it was one of the best episodes ever. As biased as top gear is they are right about a lot of things, Jeremy is right about a lot of things, the fact that most of it is true is what pisses you guys off. And i throw Canada into the same loop with the USA (except were better in every way :D)

Pfft Canada.

But they are right about Americans being Fat, that is definetly true. But not all of them are as fat as the people that were on top gear, those people were huge, far larger then the average American.

But then again I've never been to a southern state so I don't know how big they tend to be.

LMAO! I'm betting it was staged

I think alot of it was staged... even the funny comments. I noticed when the white dodge ram was racing around the track, they were making funny comments "off the cuff" when the dude was out driving the ram... but the ram was parked in the background. :crazy:

Anybody else notice that?

It crossed the line a few times, but still made me laugh! :D

just to let ya know, i reckon about 99% of us brits found that to be the funniest episode of Top Gear ever, but we can see how it might cause offence to some people, least they did a good deed at the end, giving away the cars for free to the people of New Orleans, does make you think how bad it still is down there

Being facetious and tossing about with a heavy dose of narcissism and sarcastic wit has long been a staple of Top Gear...

I guess if you could mix parts of "Jackass", "Days of Thunder" and "Are You Being Served", this episode is what you would get. So, I can see how it would elicit a lot of cursing, thrown objects and the occasional gunshot along with a bruised ego among some of the folks here in the South, though. But that's the beauty of it.

If the gas-station piece wasn't staged, then that was just flat-out ballsy. Seriously, there have been people roped and dragged behind pickup bumpers this last decade for doing much less in LA and TX...

I thought it was one of the best episodes ever. As biased as top gear is they are right about a lot of things, Jeremy is right about a lot of things, the fact that most of it is true is what pisses you guys off. And i throw Canada into the same loop with the USA (except were better in every way :D)

its because you're from the cowboy's province... in the east we're more civilised :p

Man, now I REALLY wanna see this episode! Too bad they block any sort of streaming video here :cry:

I read on Autoblog that they had "Nascar Sucks", "Hillary for President", and "I'm bi" on the cars... anything else? Besides the Nascar one, the other two I can't see getting much reaction, but hey... I can't watch the episode.

The Top Gear they showed Sunday on the local stations rebroadcasting BBC was Jeremy comparing the GT40 with the new GT and saying he's getting one of the 20-some odd going to the UK. So yeah, pretty old!

Man, now I REALLY wanna see this episode! Too bad they block any sort of streaming video here :cry:

I read on Autoblog that they had "Nascar Sucks", "Hillary for President", and "I'm bi" on the cars... anything else? Besides the Nascar one, the other two I can't see getting much reaction, but hey... I can't watch the episode.

The Top Gear they showed Sunday on the local stations rebroadcasting BBC was Jeremy comparing the GT40 with the new GT and saying he's getting one of the 20-some odd going to the UK. So yeah, pretty old!

A little explanation, Hammond, Clarkson, and May had to decorate the other's car in a way to make them more likely to be shot at.

Hammond's Dodge truck had "Man Love Rules OK" blazoned in pink on the side (decorated masterfully by May). Clarkson's Camaro had "Country and Western is Rubbish" on the sides (courtesy of Hammond). Of course, May's Cadillac was the one with "Nascar sucks", "Hillary for President", and "I'm Bi" (slogans courtesy of Clarkson). They all agreed that Hammond's decorated truck will be the most likely to get him killed.

Last edited:
I think it was real, and it was very dumb of those guys to do that. What were they trying to prove? What does that have to do with cars? Yes, you can piss people off. Good job. They could have accomplished the same thing by driving through a ghetto with racist phrases painted on their vehicles. Ok, it wouldn't have been the same thing, it may have been much worse.

Once you get away from TV and movie portrayal of England, they have just as much "white trash" as America. Try driving around a lower-class section of London with "England Football Sucks" or "London is for gays" painted on your car and see what happens.

I think alot of it was staged... even the funny comments. I noticed when the white dodge ram was racing around the track, they were making funny comments "off the cuff" when the dude was out driving the ram... but the ram was parked in the background. :crazy:

Anybody else notice that?

It crossed the line a few times, but still made me laugh! :D

That was a Chevy truck in the background

I made this post in the thread in Pics & Vids about the episode but since this one is getting more response...

did anyone else notice the end credits?

Presented By:
Cletus Clarkson
Earl Hammond Jr.
Ellie May May
and
Roscoe P. Stig

And every one else in the credits had Billy Bob in front of their name
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think it was real, and it was very dumb of those guys to do that. What were they trying to prove? What does that have to do with cars? Yes, you can piss people off. Good job. They could have accomplished the same thing by driving through a ghetto with racist phrases painted on their vehicles. Ok, it wouldn't have been the same thing, it may have been much worse.

Once you get away from TV and movie portrayal of England, they have just as much "white trash" as America. Try driving around a lower-class section of London with "England Football Sucks" or "London is for gays" painted on your car and see what happens.

I don't think they were trying to prove anything, just looking to get entertaining footage. This isn't the first time they've done something outrageous and filmed other people's reactions to it, and it likely won't be the last. Personally, I thought the whole episode was hilarious.

Back