• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got another 'Tour !!!

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Alright, since the Explorer exploded, Kim and I have been sharing the CSVT and I have been really putting the miles on it :(
Well tonight, for $600, I bought a 98 Contour LX.

Z-Tech
White w/ Grey interior
Manual Locks
Manual Windows
No Cruise Control
5-Speed
3-Gauge dash (no Tach)
Wheel covers
123K Miles
BUT...
It does have a spolier !!! (dealer installed, not factory, because the 3rd brake light also in the back window).

I mean this car is about as BASE as a Contour can get, but it drives well (need to get the A/C fixed) and will get me to work and back.

I hope it doesn't get jealous of the SVT.

Last edited:
Congrats man. I see a trip to the junk yard for you in the near future for some upgrade mods lol. Did you get a chance to install the center console?

No... no work on the center console yet.

Right now I need to find out what part of the A/C isn't working on the 98 ZTech and also find out what the CEL code is.

Don't know the code yet.
Need to find somebody with a 'puter for it.

Go to autozone its free and most of the time they'll mention what the code means if not let me know i'll help you out or just search the old Forums..I went out and Bought a code reader when i was having alot of problems with my contour.

Go to autozone its free and most of the time they'll mention what the code means if not let me know i'll help you out or just search the old Forums..I went out and Bought a code reader when i was having alot of problems with my contour.

Have AZ read the code & MAKE THEM write down the code so you can research it. The ding dongs at my AZ will read the code, disconnect and say "O-2". Then I say, "F.U. Tell me the code". They re-connect and most of the time it's not an O2 related code.

I got sick of them and got my Dr. Pepper or whatever reader for my laptop, so if you want to go that route, we could possibly get together for a troubleshooting session. I'll bring my Zetec & we can swap parts to test our theories. :laugh:

Well I am thinking about hitting a junkyard down this way on Saturday. Maybe we could find one (or two) near West Palm or somebody else 1/2 way in between and meet there.

Back