• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Midnight Blue Leather Seats

kw27

New CEG'er
I have a 98 Contour that I bought for the engine and I am currently using for parts. It has an excellent interior. The seats are leather and are in great shape, I want to use them in my 2000 contour. My question is, does the leather dye hold up, or would it be better to have them recovered? I am wanting to change the color to tan. Or if someone on here has a good tan set I might swap up.

my midnight blue has 152k miles on it and the only fading in the dye is on the left side of the drivers seat its rubbing off a little bit (where you slide into the car, rubbing made it come off) but the leather has not cracked or torn a bit. it's sad though, the rear seat and passenger seat look like they've never been sat in before! i really should get a new drivers seat then i'd have mint interior....

i pulled two front seats out of a wreck that looked horrid. cleaned them up and they look pretty good for just chillin in rain and weather

Leather can clean up really nice, these seats are just excellent, but I don't want to dye them another color if it is just going to look bad. I just can imagine what it would cost to have them recovered. OH, and also the driver's seat is power, and the car I am putting them in has a manual driver's seat. Under the carpet on the driver's side is it already wired for a power seat??

I have a 98 Contour that I bought for the engine and I am currently using for parts. It has an excellent interior. The seats are leather and are in great shape, I want to use them in my 2000 contour. My question is, does the leather dye hold up, or would it be better to have them recovered? I am wanting to change the color to tan. Or if someone on here has a good tan set I might swap up.

Where are you located? I have a Tan set I may be interested in swapping out .

Still looking for some pics, or some advice on having mine recovered!!

Back