• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

I think it's one of those that looks worse than what it is. You have any left over CF from the hood I can have. j/k It will be good for SZ!

buttsecks.jpg

Probably a good thing you were in that car...you'd probably have hit a lot harder in some random family hauler. I hope it comes back together the way you want.

update

update

So, tomorrow evening the SVT will be on it's way to my dad's shop in SC. So if you see me on I-95 south, how about a honk out of respect. And if you're a girl, how about a flash to cheer me up.:cool: I'll even be kind enough to take a picture so I can appreciate your beauties later. :laugh:

Last edited:
It sucks to see that. Glad you seem to be ok and your going to fix it :). what part of SC are you heading to.

Moncks Corner. Nearest big town is Charleston and closer to Lake Moultrie, Berkeley County.

It's nice to see someone else around here from SC. There is another guy from Myrtle Beach that I just recently saw posting on here.

well, as expected, it is a total loss. The adjuster took all of a minute to write the car off.

So, until the settlement is completed and it's paid off, #1256 sits patiently waiting it's turn tucked away in my dad's shop.

The list of damage is 1 1/2 pages.
The wait is going to kill me.
The parts list is almost fulfilled.
$3100 is the pay off.
The color will most likely change.
The mods list will include: hedders, Battery relocation, possible interior change, Big Brake kit, custom air intake, etc...
Another CSVT, 98 E-0 #1937, was found. Not running or in any decent shape. Negotiations have begun.
With the room in the garage now, I will start again on #2112.

Who knows what else will come.

Wow, sucks that it was totalled, but at least your dad has a body shop :cool: I think a new paint scheme would look good with a molded mirko bumper ;) Good luck on the rebuild and keep us updated!

You have USAA right? A year ago when FastCougar rolled his CSVT, USAA gave him upper $6000, and the buy back was like $250. How come you only got $3100 for that? Yours has much lower miles...

Good luck with the rebuild of #2112. A 3L I assume?

I owe $3100 to the bank. So whatever I get back, if anything, is going to be the value of the car, $7-8,000, minus what is owed to the bank (because banks don't want a totaled vehicle, minus what they figure they could get for it at auction and I would get the remainder of that.

Example

$7,000 is what the car is worth
-
$3100 which is the lien amount
-
$2000 a guess at what they could get at auction. I'm keeping the car so they subtract that amount
=
$1900 check to me.

Mum is the word for #2112 but it will prolly get a 3L. For now. Maybe
It's been awhile since the car has been on the road and needs to be gone through. I don't have the title yet and it wont be on the road until then anyway.

Forrest gump: Whats vacation mama?
Mama: Thats when you go somewhere, and you dont ever come back!

That sucks so bad...

Back