• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as something for the non svt'ers...maybe you can produce some blanks and we'll get parkedcar to do etched vinyl for them? It won't be ideal but it's better than nothing.

im gonna just do SVT sills for now, and if they are sucessful, then i will be able to make some for contour and mystique's soon after...

Here is a pic i took of the Computer screen of the rear sill in 3D
im not sure how it will come out through the pic...hope it works
DSC00539.jpg

did you take that with an actual camera? Hold ctrl + prnt scrn when that window is open and it will copy the active window image to your clipboard. Then go to mspaint or something and edit/paste it in there.

I went ahead and made this 3d model in CAD. Ben, would you still be interested in a CAD file for CNC? I can make any lettering you guys want! Let me know. I think these sills would be awesome!
svtlogohd7.jpg

Marty

Some sweet progress being made for these. I have been following the thread for awhile. They are going to look sweet. It is so nice to have dedicated people that can come together and get stuff done like this. Wish I could contribute, but all I can say is thanks.

I anxiously await a final product, put me in as "interested" :)

thanks to Marty!, i now have the perfect SVT writing and have finished the design!!!

DSC00541.jpg

some time this week,(maybe next saturday) me and my dad are gonna make the first prototype on my car.

i will take pics once the prototype is finished

Looks great Ben!! Let me know how it turns out. I am glad I could help! :D

Oh, and if anybody ever needs any kind of design done, like: brackets, heat shields, specific parts, etc. etc. (with included dimensions) I would be more than happy to draw it up on CAD. You can then take the design to a fabricator and have it made. It just makes it a whole lot easier than a hand drawn sketch.

Marty

I went ahead and made this 3d model in CAD. Ben, would you still be interested in a CAD file for CNC? I can make any lettering you guys want! Let me know. I think these sills would be awesome!
svtlogohd7.jpg

Marty

Could you maybe do this and have the font for it to say "Contour SVT" rather then just SVT? That way it makes the sill plates specific to the Contour rather then just "SVT" in general.

It would be cool to have the font the same as what I have pictured below:

interiorplaquevh7.jpg

ill consider it...as of now, ill just do a set of SVT ones...then if they go over well, ill do some rear sills with build #'s. Then i promised the regular contour and mystique guys i would get them some...SO...it would be a while before i do that (maybe)

Could you maybe do this and have the font for it to say "Contour SVT" rather then just SVT? That way it makes the sill plates specific to the Contour rather then just "SVT" in general.

It would be cool to have the font the same as what I have pictured below:

interiorplaquevh7.jpg

+1
I would love to see it say SVT Contour with the fonts like on that plate (which you got from where exactly??)

And Ben, believe me when I say I appreciate your efforts. I know you can't please everyone and you are doing a great job in getting the prototype made up. This is just my preference, and as they say "If you don't ask.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back