• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saved from the yard

OB1

Hard-core CEG'er
Ryan picked this one up today just in time.

Ryancsvt said:
Well I went to a yard today and bought this for $1,000 yes $1,000 all it needs is a tranny,which the guy has and a clutch and a good tuneup. Its a 1999 and only has 119k on it. I thought it needed the maf and main harness but all thats in the trunk. It will be my daily driver :D

2vm6m8x.jpg

4g870o2.jpg

2rze8tg.jpg

42ktto0.jpg

2z8423d.jpg

3zktykl.jpg

2m6tqix.jpg

2i0aflh.jpg

2coixyb.jpg

Needs a good scrubin'. Did he put mystique trim pices in there, along with woodette stcikers?

Oh and don't for get a limited slip diff while you have the tranny out.

That is still in the yard so the previous owner is responsible for the wood trim, he did say that it was going. I think he was going to return this one to stock & drive it daily & use his other one for show & go.

Nice save!! Clean her up, ditch the woodgrain and the Earnhardt plate frame and you're good to go :cool:

definately looks that way
I agree. Never seen dirt in so many random places in the interior of a car before. (gauges, speaker grilles, horn pad!)

I wish him luck ... I have a feeling he's going to need it ...

looks flood damaged to me. Post the vin so somebody can carfax it. Worst case scenario you part it out and make some money.

For the record everyone this is not my car I haven't seen it in person but hopefully I will soon. I'll look at everything & help Ryan w/ his decision but he sounds like he already has his mind made up.
Also alot of people don't remember Ryanblackcsvt, he used to post on here until bannination & he has a highly modded CSVT, LSD & all.This is his 2nd project.

455nfig.jpg

i paid 1,500 cash for mine and drove it home and other then needing paint and new headlights she is perfect and at the time yes i know she was in need of a bath.

Attachments

• my%20svt.jpg
    my%20svt.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
  • my%20svt%202.jpg
    my%20svt%202.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back