• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify I got word back from the guy running the ebay door sills and they are not etched in wording. The lettering is a thin piece of aluminum with adhesive backing on it. So that is how they are so cheap on eBay.

Yeah I purchased one of those ebay sill, they've arrived but I have yet to give em a keen look. But if you dont examine them closely they look pretty good. There is no protection on the aluminum though so theyll scratch really easy.

Ben,
Thats awesome!! I've been patiently wainting and look forward to when these come out. I think SVT Contour on the front and the build # for the back would be great!!!! Keep us updated and thanks to you and your dad for putting the time in on this! :cool:

i bought some of the ebay ones and i'll be one to say you get what you pay for and nothing more hold true with these. mine were damaged when i got them and i'm going around with the guy right now on getting them replaced. But def interested in some high quality sills!!!!!!

I saw the ones on ebay as well. thanks for the heads up cause i was going to get some. Count me in on a set when everything is finalized

Hey! How 'bout making some for a Mystique too! You SVT guys get all the good stuff & us poor people get S*** on! I hate you Ben!!!

I feel better now... ;)

And Ben, I was just messin'!

I bought the eBay ones. I assumed they were 'etched', but as stated, they were not. Either way, I still put them on. Feedback has been really good actually, but again, I might pay for some etched ones.

So far though, I believe these are fairly decent for the price.

I'll post pictures in a little bit...

Sill

Sill

The ebay ones are plastic, not aluminum.
Whether or not they are etched is irrelevant.

They look good, but are a generic size, not made for the Contour Per Se.

How long will plastic last?

Not very long is my guess.

i just saw an old review of the Merceded G55 AMG and saw that the AMG logo on the door sills were illuminated. now THAT i would pay to have made with SVT

AMG.jpg

A guy could do that easy enough... All you would have to do is CNC the sills so that the logo is cut all the way through the metal rather then just engraving it. Then you would glue a piece of translucent plastic to the back of the sill in your choice of color and put bulbs under it. That's all it looks like they did there...

i just saw an old review of the Merceded G55 AMG and saw that the AMG logo on the door sills were illuminated. now THAT i would pay to have made with SVT

AMG.jpg

i think it would be easy to do... would just need a cutout SVT instead of etched. the lighting is an EL plate. if i could cut aluminum, i would do it... but i cant.

http://www.e-clec-tech.com/smpakits.html

i just saw that there was another reply...

yeah i guess there would need to be a clear layer... it still seems easy... and i'm looking around and EL plate isnt that expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back