• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trans Mount!

CSVT #0037

CEG'er
OK so i pulled off my Air filter a couple days ago to check an Anitfreeze leak that i had (and found it) and i looked at the trans mount on the driver side and tried to move it and it moves freely. I then tried to pick it up and it came off and obviously doesnt hold the trans inplace now. I looked where the nut goes and the hole is off center. O and the mount is broken from the nut. So what i am trying to ask is would that be the reason for my car sometimes vibrating when i engage the clutch? it does it every once in a while. Or it does it when i engage it to fast ( sometimes). Also whould it be bad for the trans if i dont have one?

Thanks

sounds like you broke the bolt that goes between the two metal parts of the mount. there is supposed to be two rubber bushings in there too. if it is broken, fix it or buy a new one, if the rubber is there, you can just buy a new bolt for it and bolt it back together. fix it fast! your transmission is probably resting on the subframe, and that's where your chattering is coming from too! they break often, since one bolt is holding all that weight, make sure you replace it with a high quality bolt.

sounds like you broke the bolt that goes between the two metal parts of the mount. there is supposed to be two rubber bushings in there too. if it is broken, fix it or buy a new one, if the rubber is there, you can just buy a new bolt for it and bolt it back together. fix it fast! your transmission is probably resting on the subframe, and that's where your chattering is coming from too! they break often, since one bolt is holding all that weight, make sure you replace it with a high quality bolt.

that might have been the cause of the TOB going bad. Because its been broken for awhile because of the rust. the rubber bushing is still there. but the trans isnt lined up. HOw would i line it up?

not lined up? there should still be two roll resistors keeping it from moving too far! it should have only gone down. you can jack up the trans case very carefully until the bolts catch (after you remove the mount totally and fix it) and then just crank em in and the trans will lift up.

I have all the mounts you could possibly need, I just need to check the condition of them because I can't remember. Give me a call tomorrow.

Jeff

Back