• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can anyone help? WANTED!

rtextreme2000

New CEG'er
Hey everyone. I am new to the site and it is pretty sweet. Just curious. I am not a Countour SVT owner now however, this is why I am here. I am looking for a 1998-99 Contour SVT for sale. I have always been a huge fan of the vehicles the timing hasnt been right until now. I live in Minnesota and am willing to drive wherever to get one (if the car and price is right) So if anyone knows about any links or other website other than this one that would be great. I can't wait to be able to post pictures. discuss SVT's and mods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks eveyone. Scott.

Go to the first page that shows all of the Forum Topics. In the top third of the page you will see a tab that says "classifieds". Click on it and go to "Vehicles". Theres a ton for sale right now. Autotrader also had 53 SVT Contours for sale last week. The good thing about buying from some one here is that you can get all of the history of the car due to them being members. Good Luck!!!!!

mine was for sale. it has high mileage but runs sweet. many parts replaced. but recently it was hit in a parking lot and i had to repair the rear bumper. it has been painted but i painted it myself and i dont know how it will look once it is buffed. i was asking 3800. it already has some bolt ons. there is one right now on carsoup in st. paul for 3500 which is all stock and has 119k on it. black with blue interior. looks clean from the pic. if i had a bit more cash i'd be all over it for another one. my car is fun but it has too many minor problems to be a the show/race car i want it to be, without a whole paint job, and a new rear bumper.

The Black SVT you see on car soup............ DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! I already saw it and drove it! The picture looks okay however if you look close you can see alot of creases. I talked to the kid on the phone a couple of times and he assured me the car was "spotless" First of all when I get there the car had low tires, no big deal.... The whole driver side was side swiped, he was like "oh yeah that just happend at a party" the drivers door handle was all jacked up with no keyhole, you know the body lines on these cars... on the top of the doors and run down the length of the car I counted 25 yup 25 creases on the body lines alone. The back bumper completely junk. Got rear ended. So I get in to start it and my feet get tangled in a whole mess of wire harnesses and stereo wires. The radio compartment was empty and all hard wired so there was a ton of unknown open wires hanging out of there as well. I start it..... it sounds like sh*t. The battery light and the radiator lights are flashing the alarm starts going off and the kids like "wait 90 seconds the alarm will go off, I lost the remote". dash so warped you cant even see out of the windshield the headliner hangin in my face. So then I ask the kid leak or burn any fluids? "no a drop of anything" he said. I get under the car and the garage floor is soaked the bottom of the motor is soaked! I was like why waste peoples time like this. I had my damn checkbook in my pocket. I was pumped. Sorry for venting however, I do not want anyone else to waste their time on this one, maybe if he comes down to a grand MAYBE. still ify. Thanks guys I am still lookin.
Scott

ok thanks for saving me the time! i must say, i got lucky. i have an EO with the good dash not a bit of warp! there is nothign wrong with my car except a little spider cracking in the clear coat (common on black apparently) on the rear drivers quarter, and now the bumper where i repaired it has less than perfect paint. i must say, going into buying my car knowing nothing about them, i got a good start on what could be a good car.

thought about it. needs paint on the rear bumper, front bumper has a crack on the bottom. i was just gonna cover it with a mirko anyways. its got goodies.... but i wouldnt sell it with the nitrous/ignition or blower. it's a good daily driver but what it really needs is a 3L with a built tranny. it doesnt want to shift into second gear if you are over 6800 rpms. either the synchro is going weak or the shift forks are. other than that it dosent grind. has a spec stage3 clutch with about 15k on it. trubendz exhaust, WR y pipe, trubendz test pipe. sounds nice, could use headers. precats are gutted. has a SAFC2, K&N intake, and ford racing plug wires, NGK plugs. pre98 center console, B&M short shifter, focus SVT wheels, pre98 trunk lid (and the stocker extra too), and the hightower headlight mod. i cant think of anything else. the leather is all perfect except the drivers seat is a little discolored from getting in/out of the car. no tears or cracks. no dash warp. poly front roll resistor just installed. i want 3800 for it as it sits. your lookin at about 200-250 to paint the rear bumper, realistically. i'm only going to sell it to get another one, if i do even sell it.

Back