• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

reading up on the upcoming G8 GT...

GreaseyMonkey

CEG'er
and i come across this pic on supercars.net

is it me, or do the numbers on the speedo seem to go by 20 after it hits 100?
it's weird.. i don't have perfect eyesight by any means.. not even close, but i think i'm seeing that right - ...80, 90, 100, 120, 140, etc.. all with the same spacing. would that be possible with a specially programmed ecu or something?

just weird to me, i guess.
oh, and a couple more, so as to not show just the dash :)

2008_Pontiac_G8GT5.jpg

2008_Pontiac_G8GT1.jpg

2008_Pontiac_G8GT2.jpg

Last edited:
There's something about that i just don't like, but i don't know what it is.

The split front grill as usual most likely. At least that's what I think it is. As cool as that Ponitac emblem is it doesn't help either. Same as the GTO. The AU version looks perfect. Then it comes here and it's still not as great as it could be. I think I would still buy this if it was in my price point.

cool performance wise. interior looks nice. outside - i see a galant.

You must be smokin' the pot. I think this car is brilliant. Hell, I even would consider getting one if I had the cash.

It just looks like a G6 with a bigger body, duel exhaust and rims. Kinda with a hint of sunfire styling. Not a big fan of it.

i like how everyone missed the point of the post by not reading my post, just looking at the pretty pictures :)
That is pretty weird. Maybe it'll just make you imagine the car is faster than it really is when the speedo rips 3/4 the way around.. until it hits 100 and slows way down :laugh:

And somehow I do see the sunfire styling, not just in the grille itself. I don't know how. :nonono:

Back