CEG Forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CEG Forums   » Modifications   » Aesthetic   » What do you use to Wash your car?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you use to Wash your car?
Eric L
CEG'er
Member # 72

Member Rated:
posted August 05, 2002 12:07 AM      Profile for Eric L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I mean washmit, sponge?

I am sick of the $3-4 Target/Auto Zone wash mits molting all over my car. I hate finding strands from the chenile mits and fur from the synthetic mits.

Where can I get a good quality reasonably priced item to use to wash my car? [Confused] What do you guys use?

--------------------
2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino

Posts: 2847 | From: Olathe,KS | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
ExDelayed
CEG'er
Member # 74

Member Rated:
posted August 05, 2002 12:14 AM      Profile for ExDelayed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I use a sponge that I picked up from the parts store. To dry it I use an Absorber. It kinda smells like Play-Doh, and feels kinda rubbery. Get it damp, and use it like a towel. Ring it out and keep going. When you are done, hang it up so it can dry. I picked it up at Checker Auto. It comes in a little tube.

--------------------
· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX

Posts: 3934 | From: Somewhere in Utah | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
-KontoFoSho
New CEG'er
Member # 10885

posted August 05, 2002 10:19 AM      Profile for -KontoFoSho     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Use the california water blade, it has cut my drying time in half, occasionally it can leave scratches if a small sharp stone gets lodged, but proper pain car will easily remove any problems caused with the blade, again i love to use it, and it especially wokrs well will our cars smooth shape

--------------------
98.5 svt
18 rs-5, yoko parada, B&M short shift, 2 10in jl audio subs, Poineer??,ppi, poor man's kkm, no res, painted gilles and oval,NO TINT!?

Posts: 12 | From: Bloomfield Hills, MI | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Antonio Wright
CEG'er
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted August 05, 2002 10:25 AM      Profile for Antonio Wright     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric L:
I mean washmit, sponge?

I am sick of the $3-4 Target/Auto Zone wash mits molting all over my car. I hate finding strands from the chenile mits and fur from the synthetic mits.

Where can I get a good quality reasonably priced item to use to wash my car? [Confused] What do you guys use?

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] What the hell are you doing??? Your Zaino status may be revoked! Leave work right now and goto Autozone and pick up Viking 100% wash mitts. I would never use a sponge from walmart on my car..

-Antonio

--------------------
99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver

Posts: 3331 | From: Bowie, Maryland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
GR8SVT
CEG'er
Member # 4299

Member Rated:
posted August 05, 2002 10:43 AM      Profile for GR8SVT     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
quote:
Originally posted by Eric L:
I mean washmit, sponge?

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] What the hell are you doing??? Your Zaino status may be revoked! Leave work right now and goto Autozone and pick up Viking 100% wash mitts. I would never use a sponge from walmart on my car..

-Antonio

hahahaha

he's right though - get the Viking 100% mitt.
it's all i use - and to dry - i use the water blade - then follow up with MF Towel where WB can't get.... [Smile]

--------------------
98 SVT Contour - #1730/6535

96 SE MTX - High Miles!!

The OFFICIAL NE-CEG D*ckhead

Posts: 2809 | From: North Dartmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eric L
CEG'er
Member # 72

Member Rated:
posted August 05, 2002 07:02 PM      Profile for Eric L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

-Antonio

[Smile] [Big Grin] I didn't mean the bottom of the barrell wash mit, I used their top of the line one at least. Besides, I said Target, not Wal-Mart I hate going into Wal-mart. [Smile]

Do you mean the rectangular white stringy block looking thing? That is the same material that is on the wash mits I use now, the chenile strands. They get caught in the crevices all around the car and I find them for days after a wash. Then when I rinse it out after each use, it leaves half of itself in the street where I dump the bucket.

Seems like I am buying a new mitt every month or 2, and thats only 4-5 washes!

I wasn't thinking of a cheap kitchen-type sponge, I know I have seen nicer coral sponges in magazines such as Griots Garage and the California Car Cover Co.

Guess I'll have to check out the Viking mits. Thanks for the help!

P.S. I have 3 Absorbers that I absolutely love! I have a good one that is just for paint, then my original one that is 4-5 years old that has been downgraded to wheels, bottomr of bumpers and door-jams. [Smile]

--------------------
2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino

Posts: 2847 | From: Olathe,KS | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Davo7SVT
CEG'er
Member # 9052

posted August 05, 2002 07:10 PM      Profile for Davo7SVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Those wash mitts from Target are awful. I remember picking one up to buy it, and by the time I was at the checkout half the thing had fallen apart into my hands and all over my clothes. So now I just use a POS sponge. I'll check out that Viking mitt, though.

--------------------
Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins

Posts: 452 | From: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Giovanni
CEG'er
Member # 8979

posted August 05, 2002 08:41 PM      Profile for Giovanni     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So you wash your car.........interesting. Maybe I should start a poll to see who partakes in this "car washing" ritual? Mind writing a How-To for the main section of the site? [Big Grin]
Posts: 378 | From: Monroe, MI | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CEG Website

Copyright 1999-2002 Lance Kinley