CEG Forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CEG Forums   » General   » Auto X   » What do you think? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: What do you think?
OutlawdSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted June 12, 2002 02:11 AM      Profile for OutlawdSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I was wondering if you guys thought the classes were fair?
I'm running in STS class and this is my first year auto x'n. In my class I'm up against many WRXs, Imperezas, and others. One of the Imperezas has $10,000 in mods alone one of them being a turbo. I don’t think I can compete w/ an all-wheel drive turbo. I have some mods intake, H&Rs, and some others and I’m in the same class as a bone stock SVT.
Don’t get me wrong I love a challenge and everybody has to have rabbit to chase.
What is your guy’s advice on this?
Thanks

--------------------
2000 Black SVT Contour

Posts: 425 | From: Shawnee | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Buckshot77
CEG'er
Member # 1961

Member Rated:
posted June 12, 2002 08:21 AM      Profile for Buckshot77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think you should run in Street Mod with me! [Razz]

--------------------
The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale

Posts: 1611 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
SVTSTS
CEG'er
Member # 4238

posted June 12, 2002 11:02 AM      Profile for SVTSTS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
IF there is a turbo'd Impreza in STS, he should be in Street Mod. IF there is a WRX in STS, he should be in STX. These are things you need to take to the orginizers of your local events, along with your rulebook to show them the correct classes for the vehicles. Be upfront about this with the other competitors, they might not know the rules and that they are classified wrong. Being honest and friendly go a LONG way to not making this an unpleasant situation.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

Posts: 219 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
OutlawdSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted June 12, 2002 10:43 PM      Profile for OutlawdSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
First of all Steeda YOU are NOT the SVT I'm talking about so don't flatter yourself. You sure know how to rub somebody the wrong way talking smack weather you are or aren’t kidding. I'm only saying that because you mentioned you beat me oooo by a whole 3 tenths of a second. The comment about me being embarrassed when you race with a MAF and an Aussie bar whatever [Roll Eyes] Try learning how to spell Embarrass then talk smack. I hope I took what you said wrong, but the way you put to me wasn't right.

Ok on to the other replies Buckshot I will see if I can get it that class next year. Oh and it was nice seeing ya come to K.C. last weekend. I just wish we all could have done more (the Tyson fight sucked)

SVTSTS I think I will check it out. Thanks for your input and good luck with your future races.

I'm not complaining I was just wondering what everybody else thought of this subject as was said in my first post.

--------------------
2000 Black SVT Contour

SVTCole
CEG'er
Member # 1749

Member Rated:
posted June 12, 2002 11:06 PM      Profile for SVTCole     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Like SVTSTS said, no turbo cars or engines larger than 3.1 liters can run in STS. They must run STX, in fact, the STX was almost invented for WRXs because it allows only 225 mm max width tires and 7.5 inch wheels which kills any chances Mustangs and Camaros would have in the class. Due to the 3.5 liters of my Altima, I would have to run STX instead of STS if I wanted to go the moderately modded route on street tires.

It might be worth it to show up at events running as fast as sports cars in the family hauler! First I'm gonna try larger, better rubber on the stock 17 X 7 rims in G Stock.

--------------------
Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Posts: 1539 | From: ozark, al, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DemonSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1355

posted June 13, 2002 12:51 AM      Profile for DemonSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTCole:
no turbo cars or engines larger than 3.1 liters can run in STS.

However the Imprezza is 2.5L (WRX is 2.0L)

Yes this guy has over 10k in mods including a turbo. He was over 4 seconds faster than second place. (71.7 to 75.1)

I thought by the rules changing your exhaust in that way barred you from STS class too. (Man I need a handbook)

If he is forced to change classes I jump up a place too... [Wink] [Big Grin]

...and I think I am the stock SVT Robbie is talking about... [Razz]

--------------------
2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...

Posts: 7329 | From: KC, MO | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
bigMoneyRacing
CEG'er
Member # 1693

posted June 13, 2002 01:08 AM      Profile for bigMoneyRacing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by OutlawdSVT:
First of all Steeda YOU are NOT the SVT I'm talking about so don't flatter yourself. You sure know how to rub somebody the wrong way talking smack weather you are or aren’t kidding. I'm only saying that because you mentioned you beat me oooo by a whole 3 tenths of a second. The comment about me being embarrassed when you race with a MAF and an Aussie bar whatever [Roll Eyes] Try leaning how to spell Embarrass then talk smack. I hope I took what you said wrong, but the way you put to me wasn't right.

Try learning the proper use of "weather" before getting your panties in a wad. [Roll Eyes] Jeez dude, take it easy. He's just messing with you IMO.

--------------------
Matthew W. Campbell--bigMoney Racing
--1999 SVT #220 "NT4UA" /O.Z. Crono Evo's//Rear Deck Sub/--1972 Chevrolet C/10 Custom Deluxe--1980 Camaro in fewer pieces--
"If I had invested...in IBM or something like that, I would certainly have been wealthy within a decade. Instead, I bought a Porsche...and got a life" Leon Mandel

Posts: 825 | From: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ShiftyGT40
CEG'er
Member # 9472

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 01:59 AM      Profile for ShiftyGT40     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Wow, for a second I thought this was going to turn into another Zaino post. [Razz]

--------------------
1998 Contour Sport V6, Black
*Cold air induction
*Powdercoated intake manifold (more powdercoating coming soon)
*Blue headlights, foggies, and signals (no reflectors)
*CEG stickers & removed door moldings
--------------------------------
1994 Ford Aspire 4-door, looks like a big egg
*64 hp 4-cyl
*5 speed
*"13 steel rims with go-cart tires
*74 mph top speed
*I'm going to auto-x the thing (but not compete)

Posts: 311 | From: Newton, Ks. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Saturnk1
CEG'er
Member # 1265

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 04:27 AM      Profile for Saturnk1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiftyGT40:
Wow, for a second I thought this was going to turn into another Zaino post. [Razz]

Zaino sucks [Razz] I use Zaino for better aerodynamics!
(There I started another Zaino thread [Big Grin] )

Posts: 1701 | From: Home of the bad a$$ KINGS | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Buckshot77
CEG'er
Member # 1961

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 01:08 PM      Profile for Buckshot77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Steeda, since I don't have to live with you being in a 50 mile radius of me, let me just let you in on a little secret. Every single post of yours is full of some stupid attitude of yours that grates on everyones nerves and makes you sound completely retarded and like a little punk that personally I've got a pretty good idea that you really are. Now if you were to start posting things that are actually worth posting and not just a waste of perfectly good bandwidth and also restrian your little punk attitude when you are around people in person, I'm sure you'd find people a lot more receptive to you.

BTW, I was being very polite when I told you what I thought about your plans, etc on AIM so please take this as a strong hint, you're a dufus and you need to change before you start really ticking people off.

PS- have a nice day! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Rick

--------------------
The first Blown 3 Liter!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale

AgSVT
CEG'er
Member # 5917

posted June 13, 2002 01:12 PM      Profile for AgSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The ONLY reason Steeda beat you Outlawd is that he ran 4 heats later with a lot of rubber on the track! Neither of you are the SVT he's talking about. It's not me either. Demon = stock? Uhhh NO!! [Razz] If they use SCCA's rulebook WRXs and the Silverthorne 2.5 should not be in our class!!!!! But hey, when spectators are pointing out knocked down cones that workers are consistently missing and they are DNFing people for no reason, what can we expect? MFE, can you help us out on this?

--------------------
1999 Silver Frost SVT
"We were like those women you hear about who miraculously find the strength to lift a pallet of sod off a deaf baby or something."
www.fast4doors.com

Posts: 97 | From: Merriam,KS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
DemonSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1355

posted June 13, 2002 02:28 PM      Profile for DemonSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hey... To add fuel to the fire...

I have proof Robbie DNF'd on his first run. I have it on video tape...

Sorry Robbie... [Frown] Atleast they really weren't screwing you though...

Now if we can only get that Imprezza kicked out of STS it would all be good... [Big Grin]

...AND I AM STOCK!!! Honest... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...

Posts: 7329 | From: KC, MO | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MFE
CEG'er
Member # 3133

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 02:39 PM      Profile for MFE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As far as classification goes, the newer classes of STS, STS, SM, SM2 are confusing as hell because for the first time, they overlap with existing classes. IOW you can have a car legal for ESP also run in SM if that's where they want to run, and then keeping track of STS vs SM and all that can get confusing. The job often falls to the tech inspector (namely ME) but it's not officially the tech inspector's job. I do the best I can but I take no responsibility for being correct, that's the competitor's job and the job of his fellow class members.

That's why I started having registration issue that crib sheet that allows you to go down a long list of possible mods and then see how far it bumps you.

For instance STX now allows 8.0 inch wheels because there's a car that's legal for that class that comes from the factory with 8.0-inch wheels so they made the change to accomodate it.

I don't know which guy you're talking about with the 10k worth of mods but the Subarus are kicking ass right now, mods or not. Steve in the Impreza (tags say ZZYZX) just flat-out kicks ass and his car isn't that heavily modded that I know of.

Both the clubs here use the SCCA classes. Matter of fact Crown adopted SM2 before the local region SCCA did. Why? Because we can, and because we saw a need. The classes are never completely fair. One of the reasons my wife no longer competes in our contour is because it was so hopelessly outclassed just because it has a V6. It's not an SVT, it's not a 5-speed, but there it was in G Stock with the SVT's and with Integra Type R's. Give us a break. But that's the way it is.

The STS/STX classes are actually MORE fair than it used to be without them. The reason is the Stock and Street Prepared rules just flat-out don't accomodate the kinds of mods that the typical guy does to make his car cool on the street, and it was hurting the sport. A kid shows up in a tricked-out Honda and just because he's got a big wing and an inlet pipe and a body kit, he's bumped all the way to a Modified class. Now THAT is unfair. So they made these Street Touring classes specifically to give guys like him and guys like you a place to play on a more representative field instead of having to compete with full-on race cars.

Street Modified is sort of the same gig. Street Prepared has simply not kept up with the reality of what people now do to their STREET cars. Back in the 70's it was an accurate representation. Here and now, it's not. I run subframe connectors on the mustang like a ****load of other mustang drivers do to make their cars stronger and more pleasant on the street. Nope, not legal in street prepared. I run rear LCA's with a different bushing design than stockk so the car behaves better on the street. Nope, not legal for street prepared. If I had a wing on it because I thought it looked cool, nope not legal for Street Prepared. Idiotic. So along comes Street Mod and I have a place to put my car which I built for ME, not for some inane class rules. Unfortunately (for me), our region is an oddity in that the pony cars still tend to win out in the SM class, at least for now. The ****in' subarus are now taking THAT class over now too, in other regions. Nationally it's ruled by the likes of guys with 400+hp twin-turbo Supras. How fair is that, that I have to play in the same arena with a car that so massively outclasses me in both power and suspension capability, not to mention brakes? Not very, but there it is.

If you want to really be competitive you have to chose your car and mods wisely. If you just want to have fun, build the car the way you want to and say "screw the rules".

Meanwhile if you guys know of a car competing in your class that you don't think is legal, you should say something to the driver and see if he even knows that it's illegal or can defend why he thinks it is. If you can't resolve it there, talk to the event chair and they'll probably re-class him without any stupid protest proceedings, which do exist if it has to go that far.

--------------------
Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
'98 Grand Prix GTP 14.88/91 bone stock, awaiting new times from 3.4 pulley, CAI, U-bend removal but it's creeping up on the...
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101

3-time local class champion autocrosser

Racing school whore

Posts: 345 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Steeda SVT
CEG'er
Member # 7643

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 03:06 PM      Profile for Steeda SVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Steeda, since I don't have to live with you being in a 50 mile radius of me, let me just let you in on a little secret. Every single post of yours is full of some stupid attitude of yours that grates on everyones nerves and makes you sound completely retarded and like a little punk that personally I've got a pretty good idea that you really are. Now if you were to start posting things that are actually worth posting and not just a waste of perfectly good bandwidth and also restrian your little punk attitude when you are around people in person, I'm sure you'd find people a lot more receptive to you.

BTW, I was being very polite when I told you what I thought about your plans, etc on AIM so please take this as a strong hint, you're a dufus and you need to change before you start really ticking people off.

PS- have a nice day! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Rick

First off you don't even know me, And i mean nothing by what i say. Wow who cares who own or not or who beat who i could careless. I thought he was talking about me. SO sorry buckshot. Also if i wanted to make my car what i was going to do good for me i have all the parts to do it if i truly wanted to. As for a dufus? Im quite sure im not. So ohh well i could care less what you think. I'm the most sarcastic person i know, so what i say 99% of the time doesn't mean a thing. IF you wanna think that im retarted or whatever great im happy for you.

--------------------
98 SVT Contour #1992
95 SHO 5-Speed #86006 (blown and not the good kind!!!)

AIM ID# kanakrysvt
MSN ID# Kanakry@hotmail.com
Homepage http://kanakry.tripod.com/Kanakry

Posts: 361 | From: Warrensburg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Buckshot77
CEG'er
Member # 1961

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 05:30 PM      Profile for Buckshot77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
"Steeda Parts!!!! Shift Knob, Pedals, Harness Pads and gonna order more cuase Steeda Bad ASS!!!"

Just reading this sentence (if you can call it that) from your signature is enough for me to feel confident throwing a couple jabs your way. BTW, you should really know what the guys in KC think of you if you think I don't know you and are making fun of you. True I haven't met you in person but you've annoyed me plenty enough on AIM without me even knowing you to give me enough lattitude to call it like I see it.

Here's some free advice for you, since you describe yourself as a basic smarta$$ and very sarcastic person you should really know that NOBODY likes someone who is a smarta$$ all the time. I'm glad you're ok with me thinking you're a dork becuase that is exactly what I think. BTW, I'd love to hear what everyone else on the boards thinks of you having converted a Berretta to a RWD car since you are so confident and such that you are going to turn your car into a RWD SHO powered car, oh wait no sorry it's going to get traded in for a lightning, oh no wait you can't make up your mind what you want to do with it. Get a clue you dufus!

Rick

--------------------
The first Blown 3 Liter!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale

MFE
CEG'er
Member # 3133

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 05:51 PM      Profile for MFE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
...and now back to our regularly scheduled programming: As I posted in the KC forums, to eliminate any confusion about WRX's and turbo Impreza's

Turbos are legal in STS if they came on the car that way and the engine is not over 2.0L You can't add them to a car that didn't have them and you can't change them on a car that came with them.

WRX's are not legal in STS, but the only guy in the STS class with a Subaru drives a 2.5 RS, non turbo. Legal. The fact that he's fast as **** has nothing to do with an illegal car. The WRX's that do show up ARE in the STX class. There are no WRX's listed in the points tallies for STS in either club, period, and the only Subaru's there are legal as far as I know. No turbos. There is one WRX that runs in the STR class, race tires, not eligible for STS or STX.

You may occasionally see them classed incorrectly at the event but the person who handles all the points is very good about catching and fixing the mistakes after the fact. Like I said, if you have an issue with a car's class, ask its driver about it. If there's any confusion, talk to the event chair or Paul Poore. If it doesn't get resolved, lodge a protest.

Posts: 345 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Steeda SVT
CEG'er
Member # 7643

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 06:10 PM      Profile for Steeda SVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

BTW, you should really know what the guys in KC think of you if you think I don't know you and are making fun of you. True I haven't met you in person but you've annoyed me plenty enough on AIM without me even knowing you to give me enough lattitude to call it like I see it.

Here's some free advice for you, since you describe yourself as a basic smarta$$ and very sarcastic person you should really know that NOBODY likes someone who is a smarta$$ all the time. I'm glad you're ok with me thinking you're a dork becuase that is exactly what I think. BTW, I'd love to hear what everyone else on the boards thinks of you having converted a Berretta to a RWD car since you are so confident and such that you are going to turn your car into a RWD SHO powered car, oh wait no sorry it's going to get traded in for a lightning, oh no wait you can't make up your mind what you want to do with it. Get a clue you dufus!

Rick

Well thats great then, if they wanna say **** then fine.... I know one person told me to tell you to Fu(k off!!!!!

Wow your my hero buckshot how can I be like you?

If you haven't noticed I don't care what people think or say about me soo ohh well. Well let see I have plenty of options in front of me soo I can do what i want and im sure I don't have to clear it with you first. But i can if you want me to. [Roll Eyes] I think your the dufus for running your stupid ass mouth about someone you don't even know or have meet. I guess i have to keep my car stock? The reason the beretta was made to RWD was i had a ton of money and all the time in the world and i liked beretta's so i got a GTU is that ok? or no...And if i wanna make my SVT RWD I will becuase its mine not your or anyone else's. If it works then it works if not then ohh well im sure I can afford it.

--------------------
98 SVT Contour #1992

AIM ID# kanakrysvt

Daveandrews
CEG'er
Member # 3255

posted June 13, 2002 06:26 PM      Profile for Daveandrews   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
"Steeda Parts!!!! Shift Knob, Pedals, Harness Pads and gonna order more cuase Steeda Bad ASS!!!"

Just reading this sentence (if you can call it that) from your signature is enough for me to feel confident throwing a couple jabs your way. BTW, you should really know what the guys in KC think of you if you think I don't know you and are making fun of you. True I haven't met you in person but you've annoyed me plenty enough on AIM without me even knowing you to give me enough lattitude to call it like I see it.

Rick

What someone is a smartass????? Everyone rubs someone the wrong way. The one who rubs me the wrong way is worldtour.. but I think everyone in the AutoX forum knows that. I posted for about 1 hour a VERY personal attack on Mark.... after I thought about things, I deleted the thread. This isn't the place for personal attacks. Ok.. steeda has proved to be somewhat on the jerk end of things. Doesn't mean the rest of us need to be. Rick, I think insults should be traded in private. This really isn't the place for them, and I know, I've been guilty too, we all get emotional about things.

If they rub you the wrong way.. ignore them. I basically try to.

It's fun here, and I enjoy reading what people are doing right and doing wrong. It's hard to learn from doing things right(not that I do them right), and I'm glad others are making mistakes that I can learn from. I'm especially happy that all of you have been willing to share you're mistakes and your triumphs. I think both are items needed on here. After 2 seasons of dealing with that d@mn Type R, I'm certainly glad to see other people and cars running against me.

For example, people I've learned from SVT Cole.

I gotta be honest SVTCOLE.. you're making me look like amatuer night. The mathematical bench-racing you perform is flat-out mind-numbing. The fact that you have the patience to sit there and do this is just plain incredible. I just like to get out and drive. I think I'm going to have to make a road trip sometime here. (Find out some way to meet you at an AutoX and find out who's quicker) I think that would prove a highly entertaining match.

BTW rick.. ever get that 3.0L with the blower back together? (Mistakes I can learn from [Big Grin] )

As for classifications, be reasonable, don't be a jerk to someone who isn't winning a class, who's having fun and learning. Conversely, someone who is blatantly breaking the rules and dominating the class needs to have their head examined and definitely be spoken to. If they don't voluntarily change classes, then it's time to protest. Cheating to dominate a class only shows how deep your pockets are, not how good a driver you are.(to be honest you have to be decent, just not great) And you never know, the person in question may not even realize they are cheating.

I hope everyone has fun and just goes out and learns how to drive, it's amazing how fast you can become.

Enjoy!!!!

--------------------
Dave Andrews
Black&Tan 2000 SVT 225 of 2150
Bassani.. UNCORKED
davelandrews@comcast.net
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." -Montaigne

Posts: 2061 | From: Kearny, NJ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daveandrews
CEG'er
Member # 3255

posted June 13, 2002 06:31 PM      Profile for Daveandrews   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steeda SVT:
Well thats great then, if they wanna say **** then fine.... I know one person told me to tell you to Fu(k off!!!!!

Wow your my hero buckshot how can I be like you?

If you haven't noticed I don't care what people think or say about me soo ohh well. Well let see I have plenty of options in front of me soo I can do what i want and im sure I don't have to clear it with you first. But i can if you want me to. [Roll Eyes] I think your the dufus for running your stupid ass mouth about someone you don't even know or have meet. And if i wanna make my SVT RWD I will becuase its mine not your or anyone else's. If it works then it works if not then ohh well im sure I can afford it.

Ahem.. read above.. take it elsewhere.

--------------------
Dave Andrews
Black&Tan 2000 SVT 225 of 2150
Bassani.. UNCORKED
davelandrews@comcast.net
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." -Montaigne

Posts: 2061 | From: Kearny, NJ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Buckshot77
CEG'er
Member # 1961

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 06:59 PM      Profile for Buckshot77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm fine with that Dave. I'm just getting a huge kick out of him making it even worse and getting under his skin in the process cuz thats what he does to me whenever we chat on AIM.

BTW, I found you a little over the top in person as well at the open track, but hey no biggie for me!

3L S/C is in the process of getting rebuilt. Just trying to find another donor motor.

Rick

Oh and Steeda, about the only person I can think of in KC that might even have one bad thing to say about me is Sam and I'm pretty sure we're cool with each other so no biggie there either.

Oh and remember arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. Guess arguing with you makes me retarded, but at least I didn't start that way [Wink]

--------------------
The first Blown 3 Liter!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale

Steeda SVT
CEG'er
Member # 7643

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 07:10 PM      Profile for Steeda SVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I'm fine with that Dave. I'm just getting a huge kick out of him making it even worse and getting under his skin in the process cuz thats what he does to me whenever we chat on AIM.

BTW, I found you a little over the top in person as well at the open track, but hey no biggie for me!

3L S/C is in the process of getting rebuilt. Just trying to find another donor motor.

Rick

Oh and Steeda, about the only person I can think of in KC that might even have one bad thing to say about me is Sam and I'm pretty sure we're cool with each other so no biggie there either.

Oh and remember arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. Guess arguing with you makes me retarded, but at least I didn't start that way [Wink]

Your not under my skin.. Im at work and im bored [Big Grin]

--------------------
98 SVT Contour #1992

AIM ID# kanakrysvt

OutlawdSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted June 13, 2002 10:33 PM      Profile for OutlawdSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Welp thanks for your help guys [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2000 Black SVT Contour

RogerB
CEG'er
Member # 1700

Member Rated:
posted June 14, 2002 12:24 AM      Profile for RogerB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm noticing a pattern, here.

Party A asks question.

Party B mouths off.

Party C attacks party B.

Party C and party B take over the thread with their little pi$$ing contest.

If he's lucky, party A might actually get his question answered.

Here's my advice. Party B, whoever you are, STFU.

Party C, whoever you are, upon noticing party B, keep your damm mouth shut, or take it offline.

Follow my advice and these forums will run much more smoothly. Geesh, talk about wasted server space.

(rant off, or whatever you call it.)

--------------------
"Function before fashion."

'96 Contour SE

Posts: 878 | From: Wichita, KS | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SVTCole
CEG'er
Member # 1749

Member Rated:
posted June 14, 2002 12:26 AM      Profile for SVTCole     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If the June 9th KC event is the one you are talking about, I only see one SVT Contour in STS??? The winning Subaru is a legal 2.5RS...the car that dominates the class???? I looked in the SCCA website, MFE, and it said only normally aspirated cars in STS. I know turbos can run SM and STX...maybe even STR but I don't think turbos are allowed in STS. You were right about the 8" wheel thing and I noted in the same June Fastrack that the G35 is in G Stock!

Man why did this have to turn into a pissing contest. Here is the link for results of your KC event: http://www.kcrscca.org/solo/results/s2res03.htm

Dave, I did not think the math for my bench racing was that complicated...it's amazing how easy it becomes with your daughter's calculator. [Big Grin] I think our time to race has come and gone as I'm on to the Altima now if you did not hear.

You can bet I'll be bench racing the National Event!!! GO TONY. Your 7th out of 16 was not shabby at all, Java....you made it sound like you totally choked. Still have not gotten wheel covers yet....gotta admit I like the look with them off!

--------------------
Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Posts: 1539 | From: ozark, al, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Buckshot77
CEG'er
Member # 1961

Member Rated:
posted June 14, 2002 08:05 AM      Profile for Buckshot77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Woohoo, I got second in SM. Not too shabby.

Rick

--------------------
The first Blown 3 Liter!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CEG Website

Copyright 1999-2002 Lance Kinley