CEG Forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CEG Forums   » General   » Auto X   » Kansas City autocross Sunday 4/22...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kansas City autocross Sunday 4/22...
MFE
CEG'er
Member # 3133

Member Rated:
posted April 16, 2001 10:17 AM      Profile for MFE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Crown Autocross Club is running an autocross at the Woodlands on Sunday 4/22. Registration open by 9am, first car off around 10-1030. Non-member entry $20, $15 for members, $10 and an extra run if it's your first time running with Crown.
Posts: 345 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
OutlawdSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted April 18, 2001 11:27 PM      Profile for OutlawdSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hey what's going on I will be therewith my Black SVT. I have never auto x before and I am really excited about going. Is their any tips you could help me with so I don't look to bad? I'm going out there for fun, but I also want to do well.
Posts: 425 | From: Shawnee | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
MFE
CEG'er
Member # 3133

Member Rated:
posted April 19, 2001 11:39 AM      Profile for MFE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, first things first you WILL have fun. Best thing to tell you is show up, put some air in the tires, clean out the interior of all loose stuff, and don't be afraid to ask questions and tell the people working the event you're new at it, they'll be very helpful. Walk the course before you run and try to go with someone experienced. Biggest rookie mistake is over-driving, sawing the wheel and shifting gears for all it's worth. Take it slow and easy and work your way fast. Take advantage of your brakes in a straight line, the best thing your car will do is slow down so make the best of it, go deep, brake hard, don't carry too much speed into corners. But don't worry too much about driving technique your first time out, make sure you don't get lost in the sea of cones.

------------------
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.65/101
Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
White '97 Contour 4-cyl "the rental"

Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion
Crown Autocross Club 2000 Street Modified Champion

Graduate, Bondurant 4-day Grand Prix and 2-day Specialty schools
Graduate, Skip Barber 1-day school
Graduate, Derek Daly 1-day school

Posts: 345 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
OutlawdSVT
CEG'er
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted April 21, 2001 11:06 AM      Profile for OutlawdSVT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for the advice and I will see you out there.
Posts: 425 | From: Shawnee | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CEG Website

Copyright 1999-2002 Lance Kinley