CEG Forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CEG Forums   » General   » Group Buy   » Pre 98 Front Svt bumper (Ground Effects) (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Author Topic: Pre 98 Front Svt bumper (Ground Effects)
TheCiscoGuy
CEG'er
Member # 209

posted February 14, 2002 12:59 PM      Profile for TheCiscoGuy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Page nine, baby. That bumper looks like its going to rock!

--------------------
-98 LS with BPU

Posts: 923 | From: The Holiest of Holies | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
MIdnight95SE
CEG'er
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted February 14, 2002 06:36 PM      Profile for MIdnight95SE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So when are we looking at for this bumper to be actually made? Seems to be a lot of meetings going on... Just wondering

--------------------
Paul
'95 Midnight Red SE V6 MTX
mods
Midnight Red Contour Pics
***car under construction***

Posts: 499 | From: Riverview, MI, US | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Micah
CEG'er
Member # 340

Member Rated:
posted February 15, 2002 02:19 PM      Profile for Micah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yea there are alot of meetings going on. Not at all what I was plaining, But I guess thats life. the meeting went like I thought. Well the same as every other meeting. we talked about the tool. here is the word, when I first started the Gb I was told a $2000 tool cost. when everything was doen and I gave them the bumper they looked with there mouth open and said they couldnt make the tool but they would send to get it made somewhere else, and they would fabricate the bumpers after the tool was made. I thought no prob, still thinking 2000 will got the qoute back and as everyone see it was 4500 (Ouch). Well this meeting today was to figure the numbers, But it was better then that. we are getting another qoute on the tool from another company. They think it will be cheaper and quicker to get and make the tool, which I am all for. Making the tool is a 2 week proccess this should be started this coming week. after that it will take them up to a week to get a good first product (figuring where to add more or subtract on fiberglass and so on) I understand everyones urge to get this as soon as possible. I've said before I am riding with no front bumper, I want this done probally more then some people. I am looking at every angle and will keep everyone updated. If any of you want to ask a question or anything e-mail me
micah_trudell@hotmail.com Thanks again for everyones understanding.

Micah

--------------------
97 Lx 3.0 MTX
lighten flywheel,udp's,kkm,no cat,true dual,svt tb,80mm maf,19lb injectors,S-afc,svt ground effects, 18's w/ yoko 215/40/18,front/rear strut braces,eibachs,egr gasket mod,

15.2@94 with 2 people in the car and a bad 1st gear wanna race?

micah_trudell@hotmail.com

Posts: 1022 | From: Plattsburgh Ny Right by BFE | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
smoothy
CEG'er
Member # 7330

Member Rated:
posted February 16, 2002 01:15 AM      Profile for smoothy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
hey all said and done the bumper is still sweet!

--------------------
'95 Tour LX
ZETEC MTX
TOO MANY MODS TO LIST ANYMORE!!
http://www.geocities.com/marine113

Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my Beautiful Girl!!

Posts: 2143 | From: SOI Armory, Camp Lejeune | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
MIdnight95SE
CEG'er
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 09:56 AM      Profile for MIdnight95SE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
About that $4500 tool. Since 14 or so people are in on this group buy, and have paid in full, doesn't that mean that you have $6300 to work with?? Just curious...

--------------------
Paul
mods

Micah
CEG'er
Member # 340

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 11:06 AM      Profile for Micah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If I had no other costs, yes. But you forgot to add in the cost of getting the bumper done and then the cost of making the bumpers after the tool is made. I dont have a prob getting the tool. its getting the tool and having money left over to make the parts. I will give you guys detail either today or tommorrow about the new qoute.

Micah

--------------------
97 Lx 3.0 MTX
lighten flywheel,udp's,kkm,no cat,true dual,svt tb,80mm maf,19lb injectors,S-afc,svt ground effects, 18's w/ yoko 215/40/18,front/rear strut braces,eibachs,egr gasket mod,

Posts: 1022 | From: Plattsburgh Ny Right by BFE | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Plastique_synthetiX
CEG'er
Member # 3105

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 11:54 AM      Profile for Plastique_synthetiX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micah:
If I had no other costs, yes. But you forgot to add in the cost of getting the bumper done and then the cost of making the bumpers after the tool is made. I dont have a prob getting the tool. its getting the tool and having money left over to make the parts. I will give you guys detail either today or tommorrow about the new qoute.

Micah

well there are one or two people who have shown an interest in getting in on this since you closed the group buy... why not still allow additional people to either make deposits or pay in full, and make the bumpers on a first paid first made basis? dunno just my thoughts....

Posts: 1195 | From: Port Hueneme(Oxnard) California ;4.4 miles from Vortech; 5.2 miles from Borla | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MIdnight95SE
CEG'er
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 11:54 AM      Profile for MIdnight95SE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for clearin that up. I just wasnt sure. Thanks!!

--------------------
Paul
mods

mikey boy
CEG'er
Member # 132

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 12:01 PM      Profile for mikey boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
yeah i think plastique has a good idea, open the group buy up to more people. i have seen some responses asking if it were still possible. of course, the original people should get their bumpers first though.

--------------------
95 contour se, lots of mods.
http://www.contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=00000132

Posts: 1681 | From: DeKalb IL | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
mikey boy
CEG'er
Member # 132

Member Rated:
posted February 18, 2002 12:04 PM      Profile for mikey boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
and please take your time and get the bumper done right. i dont care how long it takes as long as i can get the bumper, get it painted, and installed before spring zing.

--------------------

Dave
CEG'er
Member # 7537

Member Rated:
posted February 19, 2002 01:55 AM      Profile for Dave     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hey Micah, wassup!! Let me know when you get 1st one done so I can check it out..see if I did ok on that thing. Gimme a yell fool..talk to ya later...

--------------------
93 Mustang GT AOD-> T-5 swap
3.27's,PRO 5.0 shifter,BBK CAI,ASP pulleys,MAC 1 5/8 shorties,ProChamber,and catback
AOD time.. 14.907@94 w/only pullies and drop in K&N
NEW BEST: 13.83@100.56 with 2.11 60 ft

89 Probe GL 2.2 5spd AI and 130,000miles
BEST TIME: 16.18@83.56

Posts: 34 | From: Plattsburgh | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Micah
CEG'er
Member # 340

Member Rated:
posted February 19, 2002 10:03 AM      Profile for Micah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
dave your still a new ceger! Better get on that

I didnt get the qoute yesterday due to the holiday, I should be getting the qoute today. will let everyone know.

Micah

--------------------
97 Lx 3.0 MTX

Plastique_synthetiX
CEG'er
Member # 3105

Member Rated:
posted February 20, 2002 08:58 PM      Profile for Plastique_synthetiX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Any word?
Posts: 1195 | From: Port Hueneme(Oxnard) California ;4.4 miles from Vortech; 5.2 miles from Borla | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Micah
CEG'er
Member # 340

Member Rated:
posted February 21, 2002 09:44 AM      Profile for Micah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
got the qoute, its cheaper not much but cheaper. we are having the tool made. now it begins.

Micah

--------------------
97 Lx 3.0 MTX

Cliffgump
CEG'er
Member # 5344

Member Rated:
posted February 21, 2002 09:49 AM      Profile for Cliffgump     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
excellent.

--------------------
95 T-Red SE MTX
Eibach springs, Custom cat-back exhaust, Cross-drilled front rotors, Momo air race leather shift-knob, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood 600w amp, 2 12" Infinty's, 18" Tantrums w/ Yoko Paradas, SCA CAI

Posts: 132 | From: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
mikey boy
CEG'er
Member # 132

Member Rated:
posted February 21, 2002 11:04 AM      Profile for mikey boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
that is awsome! i cant wait, thanks again for everything micah and dave. i cant wait.

--------------------

MIdnight95SE
CEG'er
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted February 21, 2002 01:19 PM      Profile for MIdnight95SE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thank you Vaddy Mahtch!!

--------------------
Paul
mods

kjgolf09
CEG'er
Member # 2666

Member Rated:
posted February 22, 2002 01:54 AM      Profile for kjgolf09     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What kind of tentative time frame are we looking at then Micah? Thanks again for everything.

--------------------
1997 Contour GL Zetec
Assorted Street Glow Products
Indiglo Gauges
KKM Intake
17" Konig Tantrums
Factory GL Spoiler
SVT Body Kit by Spring
Beats by: Planet Audio & Crossfire

Posts: 359 | From: Erie PA USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
mikey boy
CEG'er
Member # 132

Member Rated:
posted February 23, 2002 11:14 AM      Profile for mikey boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
should we start to think about how we are going to ship these things now? i think greyhound sounds like the best option from what i have read so far what do you guys think? peace.

--------------------

kjgolf09
CEG'er
Member # 2666

Member Rated:
posted February 25, 2002 04:19 PM      Profile for kjgolf09     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
ttt

--------------------
1997 Contour GL Zetec
Assorted Street Glow Products
Indiglo Gauges
KKM Intake
17" Konig Tantrums
Factory GL Spoiler
SVT Body Kit by Spring
Beats by: Planet Audio & Crossfire

Posts: 359 | From: Erie PA USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Micah
CEG'er
Member # 340

Member Rated:
posted February 25, 2002 09:02 PM      Profile for Micah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry for the tiime it has taken to respond. time frame should be about 3 weeks from now is when I will be shipping. this is if everything goes to plan. shipping needs to be looked out very soon. greyhound or trucking. it is harder for me for greyhound And I will let everyone know the cost.

Micah

--------------------
97 Lx 3.0 MTX

MIdnight95SE
CEG'er
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted February 25, 2002 09:15 PM      Profile for MIdnight95SE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

--------------------
Paul
mods

mikey boy
CEG'er
Member # 132

Member Rated:
posted February 26, 2002 02:03 AM      Profile for mikey boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
man i cant wait! how cool is this going to be? micah and dave thanks again for your hard work. micah i owe you a beer at spring zing!

--------------------

Dave
CEG'er
Member # 7537

Member Rated:
posted February 28, 2002 12:06 AM      Profile for Dave     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I could go for a Tom Collins..or Long Island Iced Tea...hell just gimme a few shots oF Jack!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
93 Mustang GT AOD-> T-5 swap
3.27's,PRO 5.0 shifter,BBK CAI,ASP pulleys,MAC 1 5/8 shorties,ProChamber,and catback
AOD time.. 14.907@94 w/only pullies and drop in K&N
NEW BEST: 13.83@100.56 with 2.11 60 ft

89 Probe GL 2.2 5spd AI and 130,000miles
BEST TIME: 16.18@83.56

Posts: 34 | From: Plattsburgh | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chris Hightower
CEG Admin
Member # 875

Member Rated:
posted February 28, 2002 11:12 AM      Profile for Chris Hightower   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I would like to announce that HPP is and has been working with Micah on getting this front bumper made. Once the initial group buy has been fulfilled, HPP is the exclusive reseller of the pre-98 SVT bumper. We are also working on other products such as carbon fibre/fiberglass hoods.

The tool (mold) will be finished in a week or two.

--------------------
-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o

Posts: 5037 | From: The Land of Turbos | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CEG Website

Copyright 1999-2002 Lance Kinley