• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gotta love it when you come home to a box waiting for you on the porch

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
Found this on my porch today. Hmm wonder what it could be??

IMG_1138.jpg

Sport Series FTW!

IMG_1139.jpg

And to finish the deal...the complete package! Koni's freshly coated w/ Rustoleum Clear. Might hit the springs w/ some Rustoleum clear as well, have not decided yet.

IMG_1140.jpg

I seriously cannot wait to throw this suspension on. I absolutely love the stance w/ this setup especially w/ 18's :drool:

Spring where are you?!?!:mad:

I will have my current Eibach's w/ <50k on them up for sale very soon as well as a pair of brand new never used H&R rears. More mod $! :D I will post them in the classifiedes but if you have a very nice offer I might just take you up on it ;)

what's the point with the rustoleum clear?? it'll crack right off once the spring comresses no?? the h&r's i had were still red when i sold the car.

what's the point with the rustoleum clear?? it'll crack right off once the spring comresses no?? the h&r's i had were still red when i sold the car.

Yea you may be right about the clear on the springs :ponder:.....I dont know though I mean the red didn't chip. I'll have to think this one out a little more. The reason I put Rustoleum on the Koni's is from what I hear their paint sucks and they will chip and rust like no other.

I will have my current Eibach's w/ <50k on them up for sale very soon

Let me have first crack at these please! I have a set of new B&G Sports sitting in a box waiting for struts.

You dildo :p :mad::laugh:!! I posted an ad in the classifieds a while ago (before I ordered these) stating I wanted B&G sports and would trade my Eibach's + cash or a combo deal of my brand new H&R rears plus some cash. Besides you have B&G's already why do you need another set of springs? And someone PM'd me about them exactly 30mins before you posted this. I'm not sure what I'll be asking at this point but when I make the swap I will have the Eibach's (4) and H&R's (2) for sale.

edit: just checked your sig....I guess you want them for one of your other Tours

Yea you may be right about the clear on the springs :ponder:.....I dont know though I mean the red didn't chip. I'll have to think this one out a little more. The reason I put Rustoleum on the Koni's is from what I hear their paint sucks and they will chip and rust like no other.

it's not like you can see them. even if you paint them they're gonna get all kinds of crap caked up on them. unless you take your wheels off when you wash the car and scrub them! the springs should be fine as is though.

You dildo :p :mad::laugh:!! I posted an ad in the classifieds a while ago (before I ordered these) stating I wanted B&G sports and would trade my Eibach's + cash or a combo deal of my brand new H&R rears plus some cash. Besides you have B&G's already why do you need another set of springs? And someone PM'd me about them exactly 30mins before you posted this. I'm not sure what I'll be asking at this point but when I make the swap I will have the Eibach's (4) and H&R's (2) for sale.

edit: just checked your sig....I guess you want them for one of your other Tours
I'm a retard. I was thinking Koni struts while I was trying to get dibs on Eibach springs. :troutslap: I need struts!

Yes, I have two Contours I need/want to put lowering springs on. The B&G Sports are going on the 96. I want a set of B&G Autobahns for the 98.

**EDIT** What happened to the B&G front springs???

Last edited:
awesome man, post pics with 18s for my reference :)

Will do. I have alot of little things I will be adding come spring. I have yet to have a serious photoshoot and post pics on here. So that will come eventually when everything is on once it warms up.

it's not like you can see them. even if you paint them they're gonna get all kinds of crap caked up on them. unless you take your wheels off when you wash the car and scrub them! the springs should be fine as is though.

Well I just figured since the Koni yellow is so bright you may see it in the wheel well and if its all rusted and chipped it would look like hell. Anyway it only took a few mins and a couple of bucks for clear so it's not like it was time consuming or expensive. Adding a little more rust protection gives me a little piece of mind for spending over $600 on them :crazy:. Yea I will probably leave the springs be and install as is.

I'm a retard. I was thinking Koni struts while I was trying to get dibs on Eibach springs. :troutslap: I need struts!

Yes, I have two Contours I need/want to put lowering springs on. The B&G Sports are going on the 96. I want a set of B&G Autobahns for the 98.

**EDIT** What happened to the B&G front springs???

Yes you are retarded you got it wrong again :laugh: j/k. Nothing happened to the B&G fronts. I just got the set of 4 today.

Now the front H&R's I never got b/c I got the H&R rears for free from a fellow CEG'r. Just had to pick them up :D. He was using the fronts and I believe Eibach's on the back or something like that.

So now...what do you need?? Struts AND lowering springs? What kind of struts/springs are you looking for?

Autobahns are crazy low! I might even have an issue w/ the Sports and Mirko. But my 18's raise the front about an inch so I should be ok. I can't wait for this setup to go on!

Yeah, it's late, I'm tired, and keep misnaming things. Too damn many abbreviations and random letters. :crazy:

I'll be needing two sets of struts and one set of springs. I have yet to really research the struts, so I'm not sure exactly what I need/want.

The only thing I have currently is the set of B&G Sports for the '96. I still need some struts for it.

I want Autobahns for the SE. I'm not super worried about scraping anything since I have the stock bumper cover on it and not an SVT cover. I just want it LOW. For now the SE has stock 15s. At some point I'll upgrade to 17s, possibly 18s.

Last edited:
Yea you should be ok w/ the Autobahns on the SE.

I thought you were thinking about putting the Auto's on the SVT :blackeye:. You bumper would be laying in the road the 1st day you drove w/ that setup on the SVT. But put on a Mirko and it would make a hell of a snow plow.

Once I take off my SVT struts I may be selling them if they are still in good shape. The driver side rear was acting up a few weeks back but seems to be ok now....weird. I did have one person interested in them but we will see once they are off and I have them up for sale for good.

That's exactly what I am gonna order in about a month or so. Where did you end up getting them from? AJusa seems to have decent prices on the Koni's but I cant find a good deal on the B&G's. I just started my car for the first time in four months, I want the snow gone!

Back