• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Wheel Pics thread

18" Konig Theories wrapped in Sumitomo rubber...

Forest2008-6.jpg

Needs lowering, I know. When I move into town and out of PotHoleville, USA I might get some springs.

Forest2008-2.jpg

HAHA yeah i know....the car needs the next size bigger tire. when i got the 18's i thought they would rub so i got the smallest rubber i could....would deffinitly go with taller rubber in the future.

speaking of theories, anybody know where i can get some centercaps? two of mine magically disappeared.

OMG me too! For starters, I have two different kinds of centercaps bacause I ordered my rims one at a time several years ago and they changed the centercap style when I was halfway ordering them! Plus mine are old and raggedy. I think I might mod the centercaps by painting them flat black with silver the letters SVT on them in silver. I dunno though.

Post '98 with pre '98 hubcaps, its a rare non-factory combination, wrapped in four mismatched Walmart tires.......only the best for the Ford :help:

IMGP1458.jpg

Stock 12 spoke rims on my '98 Contour SE

IMG_3989-1.jpg

Looking into getting simple looking 5 spoke chrome rims like the FSVT (get it chrome plated) or the Centerline Storm wheels. Just need to get the money now. Just wondering, seeing as I don't really know details of car parts and what-not, but what is the difference (if any) between E0's and E1's? Thanks.

difference as in what? they look different if thats what you mean, I believe the E0s are a tad heavier then E1's

Thanks. I've tried google and yahoo searching for images of both so I can compare them, but so far no luck.
Edit: so I realize now after some searching on the forums, that the E0's are '98 and the E1's are '98.5. Shows how little I know about wheels, lol. Don't I feel stupid, lol. Anyway, I seem to have found some images. Thanks again for the help.

hey no biggie, yah it seems most people like the looks of the E1s(98.5+) over the E0s. you can usually find them for sale on either the classifieds here, or on ebay. personnaly I think your better off getting some nice 17's or 18's for not much more money.

I know of some FSVT wheels with newer tires here in Michigan that you could pick up for $400. PM me and if I decide not to get them I'll send you the contact info. I checked with one place and it's about $100 to chrome one tire. I don't know if that's high or low though.

Cool, I'll keep it in mind but somehow I don't think I'll have $400 for at least a couple months. And there are other things I have to buy like film and $60 paper for my photography class. :( I looked on Centerline's website and looked at the storm model, but there is no price listed so I'm assuming for a set of 4 it'd be close to $1,000. Ugh. Although I did just get promoted at work and make a little more than I did, but I only work 19 hours a week because of classes and the union that prevents me from working more.

Cool, I'll keep it in mind but somehow I don't think I'll have $400 for at least a couple months. And there are other things I have to buy like film and $60 paper for my photography class. :( I looked on Centerline's website and looked at the storm model, but there is no price listed so I'm assuming for a set of 4 it'd be close to $1,000. Ugh. Although I did just get promoted at work and make a little more than I did, but I only work 19 hours a week because of classes and the union that prevents me from working more.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=35952 Here's a set for sale for $750 shipped OBO with tires.

Back