• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Steeda Riser Plate

sweetsvt

CEG'er
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to replicate their steeda riser plate for me. I sent a PM to scottd60 a while ago, but haven't heard from him. I'm hoping there is someone else out there who can make one, or perhaps has an extra. Thanks.

ive been doing the same thing with no reply. i was looking for the riser plate also. can anyone help?

I can pull mine and take pictures and list exact dimesions and stuff. I might be able to find someone local who could duplicate it, but I do not have that talent nor capabilty.

I can pull mine and take pictures and list exact dimesions and stuff. I might be able to find someone local who could duplicate it, but I do not have that talent nor capabilty.

Reebs, if you can find someone to duplicate the plate I'll be more than happy to pick up the costs, as long as it's reasonable. Obviously I would kick in something extra for your efforts. I guess fordman302 and lukeduke are also looking for plates. Keep us posted. Thanks.

You don't have to have a metal plate you guys. Get a peice of 3/8" pressboard and cut one out its pretty easy :)

i believe you can also use the plastic peice that is under the shifter that the original bolt mount to ... you need to drill the threads out and again get longer bolts and some nut to mount it ...

i believe you can also use the plastic peice that is under the shifter that the original bolt mount to ... you need to drill the threads out and again get longer bolts and some nut to mount it ...

Do you mean, pulling the plastic piece (i think its about 1.5" tall or so), tracing it onto the press board (or something else) and then cutting it? If so, sounds simple enought, but what is the heigh of the riser plate? I think I read somewhere it was 10mm, but if someone could give me a more accurate measurement I would appriciate it.

well I wouldn't trace the plastic peice, I would trace the metal peice that retains the shifter ... its rectangular with a notch out of one corner, and has four bolt holes ... 10mm is the correct thickness for the metal one I received ... steeda posted just above that 3/8 press board would work ... the idea is the shifter is longer inder the pivot point then the stock shifter so you just need to get it higher so it doesn't hit the floor pan ...

well I wouldn't trace the plastic peice, I would trace the metal peice that retains the shifter ... its rectangular with a notch out of one corner, and has four bolt holes

Good deal. Any idea of the height of the plate? I don't think I'll need to make one because DyComet sent me a PM saying he has a plate kicking around, but if anyone else wants to make one, I want to make sure they have all the info. Thanks again.

With the plate Brapple is talking about, you'll have to have an earlier model 98+ Contour. I don't know when the shifter tower was revised, but the later models need a completely different riser plate. This requires the removal of the exhaust heat shield, which allows access to 4 wing-nuts(if I remember correctly). This allows you to remove the entire shifter tower, once all of the cables are undone. You can use anything from plexiglass(like I did) to a CNC'd piece of aluminum. Trace the bottom of the shifter tower onto the plexiglass, including the 4 holes that the mounting brackets go through. Cut the plexiglass out, drilling the 4 holes out as well. Remove the insulation from the shifter tower, directly below the front-to-back shift cable, to allow a little more clearance. Put the shifter tower on your freshly cut plexiglass, and reinstall it back into the car, with the Steeda in place of your stock shifter. Voila!

Mark

thanks for that info mark, I was only dealing with the early style since that is what I have and I believe that is what the questions where about ...

Anyone have a pic of what it looks like? I have a buddy who owns a very high tech machine shop if it's metal.

Let me know.

729294_15_full.jpg

Back