• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC How-To

CrazyCarl

CEG'er
Well...mine is dead and i would like to see a how to for putting in a new one...if anyone can help it would be greatly apprciated! thanks

think i put this in the wrong place..........

Last edited:
If the cable broke, this is what you can do.
"I recently broke the IMRC cable on my 98 SVT. I ran awhile with them pinned but always wanted to get the cable fixed so it would work properly and I could clear the code from my PCM. Well, I am not sure what the cost of the cable is from the dealership and my friends own a bike shop so I replaced my cable with a bicycle derailleur cable. It works perfectly and an average cable only costs about 3 bucks,so anyone who breaks an IMRC cable, just use a derrailleur cable for a bike and save some cash. " 2112

If the transistor broke, you need Mr. Hightower's IMRC fix.
http://mrhightower.googlepages.com/imrcfix

Last edited:
Removing the IMRC can be a little tricky. Unbolting the box from the front cam cover is easy. Just remove the engine cover then unbolt the box. The tricky part is disconnecting the other end of the cable is awkward. Some have posted that they were able to reach down to where the cable attaches to the secondary linkage and remove it. Others have posted that they needed to remove the throttle body for access.

i checked the cable out..cable is still attatched and not frayed so has to be somehting in the box it self...if its the box i can get anything in there fixed...i work with technians..yay

ok....how the hell do i get the chip out..... the black cl;ip will not budge at all... i got most of the glue off and nothing..not a tiny bit..wtf?

Last edited:
I would like to question the rebuild.. Was the Issue resolved about using the different variations of Transistors? Several were noted but nothing was cut and clear. I would like to get local, somewhere???

Put up a wanted ad in the classifieds if you need one. I just mentioned I needed one back when mine went bad and I had one purchased the same day lol.

Back