• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You want pics?

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok, here's some random pics from my slow AE86 build:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I'm no expert, but I think that your valves are going to seal a little bit better now.

I think a 20valve 4age swap would have been cooler.:cool: Of course, it would be hard to do on a tight budget.

To be complete, it needs to be running smoothly and everything finished - paint and all. Truthfully it won't take much to complete really. I figure I should have it running by winter for sure; exterior paint is going to be last; and who knows when I'll be able to afford that. :)

I figure if/when I blow up the rear open diff, I'll swap a GTS rear with bigger shafts/gears, rear discs, and LSD option. Then if/when I blow up the motor I can do any swap really. Right now I am leaning more towards an SR20DET swap as there are mount kits availible and 200hp bolt-on is better than the 20v 4AGE's 165hp or the 16v 4AGZE 160hp. Of course, motor swaps aren't cheap; even the 20v 4AGE swap is a major headache since you're converting a FWD motor to RWD. Mounts need work, the dizzy and water outlet are in the firewall which have to be custom modified.

Yeah Goumba I'm thinking the motor oughtta run a little better without a blown head gasket or stuck valves. ;)

There are more pics (and in order and described) on my club4AG page. :cool:

Was that a plastic or metal impeller on the waterpump:shrug:

BTW, how about a reverse mod, swap in a blown Ecotec!

All metal, Roger. No plastic on the motor at all other than the timing covers. Ecotec would be nice but I'd hate to convert a FWD motor to RWD and tackle that wiring nightmare! :(

That's true; but an Ecotec motor wouldn't be my first choice; or really any choice since there are already kits availible to swap in a SR20DET. 200hp factory turbo, I like that. :cool:

That's true; but an Ecotec motor wouldn't be my first choice; or really any choice since there are already kits availible to swap in a SR20DET. 200hp factory turbo, I like that. :cool:
well true, i wouldnt choose the ecotec either. If i was doing it to swap something different, it would probably be a Zetec, with either a turbo or SCer.

Nope, Zetec would be all motor ITB'd (or carb'd) Cosworth goodness. There are several AE86's running SR20DETs and S2000 F20Cs that are all really badazz. I just want mine to run! :crazy:

Nope, Zetec would be all motor ITB'd (or carb'd) Cosworth goodness. There are several AE86's running SR20DETs and S2000 F20Cs that are all really badazz. I just want mine to run! :crazy:
ITB is cool, and actually pretty simple to do, but the most your really going to get out of it is about 200WHP, not to mention ITBs really arent that great for driveability. a turbo or SC setup can make way more and will have much better driveability.

200whp in a 1800lb shell is pretty fun. ;) And it's not going to be a daily driver anyways; I've got this here Camry for getting back and forth to work. Although I have an opportunity to trade it for a slick E30 coupe....

Back