• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Winter Meet (no need for summer cars)

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to do this last year, but for some reason, it never happened. So, I'll try again. :cool:
The time frame I was shooting for was some time in ealy-mid December, or possibly early January. I wanted to give everyone a good amount of heads-up so we'd get a good turnout.

I have a few options lined up for us, and I'd like ot see what you think...

-Meet at a restaurant or something, do the basic thing, and maybe hit a strip club if you insist (I'd rathere not, but it's up to everyone...)

-Basketball/football game of choice. My Dad and I like to go see atleast one UConn football/basketball game a year; but I'm up for seeing anything except BC.

-F1 Boston.

-Ski/snowbiard meet at Butterknot, Okemo, Sundown:)bah:), or whatever else is suggested.

-Winter beater cruise.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. I'll be quarterbacking this one, so no need to worry about doing work:laugh:

-Matt

Good idea.

How about snowtubing as one of the options?
I've never done that (aside from some random, local hills), but I know that some ski places offer it.
I think they even have it at the small slope near our house.

January might be better for snow activities if that's what we end up deciding on.

Good idea.

How about snowtubing as one of the options?
I've never done that (aside from some random, local hills), but I know that some ski places offer it.
I think they even have it at the small slope near our house.

January might be better for snow activities if that's what we end up deciding on.
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. As fas as I know, that goes on at all the local mountains

jess and i have been meaning to get people together for sno-tubing for the past few years.
its a friggin blast!

December is filling up pretty quick for me ... January might be as well ... but I'm up for a beater meet. What month?

Tubing is wicked fun .. last time I went with friends, we got all 12 of us to hitch our tubes together and go careening down the hill.
I've only skiied once .. loved it .. but it was expensive ($70+ including rental).

December is filling up pretty quick for me ... January might be as well ... but I'm up for a beater meet. What month?

Tubing is wicked fun .. last time I went with friends, we got all 12 of us to hitch our tubes together and go careening down the hill.
I've only skiied once .. loved it .. but it was expensive ($70+ including rental).
I'd really like to see you there, Matt! Do yo best!

If paying for ski rentals isn't your bag, try renting a snowboard:shrug: It's only about $45 for the whole shebang depending on where you are, and I can teach you how. It's a blast, and you won't look like a douche:laugh:

Thanks for the tips, Brian. You're always helpful:cool:

...If paying for ski rentals isn't your bag, try renting a snowboard:shrug: It's only about $45 for the whole shebang depending on where you are, and I can teach you how. It's a blast, and you won't look like a douche:laugh:...

Is this to say that skiers don't look up to par when compared with snowboarders? Skiers wear their pants on their waist, and don't sit in the middle of the trail blocking everybody. I think I like that look better.

Besides, I've got a set of Olin racing skis that I could light you up with. Snowboards don't hold a candle to skis when it comes to speed. :cool: :D

Is this to say that skiers don't look up to par when compared with snowboarders? Skiers wear their pants on their waist, and don't sit in the middle of the trail blocking everybody. I think I like that look better.

Besides, I've got a set of Olin racing skis that I could light you up with. Snowboards don't hold a candle to skis when it comes to speed. :cool: :D

Olins are nice:drool:

Nah, I'm not a douchey snowbarder. I don;t smoke anything/drink anything nor do I screw up in everything in life and skateboard. There are 2 different kinds of snowbaorders. The cool ones, and the ones who think they're cool. You need to discern between the two:laugh:

And a snowboarder can overcome the limits of friction if he's good enough:laugh:

Don't care so long as it has American food. The more quintessentially New England the better, but chains are fine too.

I've been planning a trip with the G/f her kids and Colin since July!! Let's do this!!!! Theres a bunch of places that offer tubing as well....

I believe Butternut does. I didn't check since I just wanted to quickly look up lift ticket prices. I'll have more research done soon.:cool:

wannabe, it seems like everything I show up to, you don't. :shrug:

I should probably stay out of this one otherwise you wont make it to your own meet. :laugh:

wannabe, it seems like everything I show up to, you don't. :shrug:

I should probably stay out of this one otherwise you wont make it to your own meet. :laugh:

haha, nah. I'm just avoiding you:laugh:

But seriously, please try to show. I've heard good things about you and your car:cool:

Ian, it looks like this meet will be in Jan, then. Matt's December is filling up, so Jan looks to be the better month. Oh, and get off of AIM away, damn you!:mad:

BTW... Do you guys mind if I invite the Jet to come along with us?
If that's cool, whoever can get onto NECO and invite them, please do!

Last edited:
Back