• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FAQ: Swirls

GTO Pete

CEG'er
How to see the true swirl level
Here is and easy way to really see your swirls:
- Wash your car
- At night, take your car to a local shopping center that has white, fluorescent style lights
- Park under a light
- Get out and examine the paint

This type of lighting really shows all the swirls and scratches in your paint.

Here is an example of swirls under the sun. Fluorescent lighting at night would make the swirls look even worse.
picture.JPG

How to get rid of swirls
A - Menzerna, Optimum, Poorboy's SSR__, Zaino ZPC Fusion.

Here is my trunk that I PC'd for ~15 minutes with Zaino ZPC. It is virtually swirl-free:

By hand - DO NOT expect it to be easy and DO NOT expect it to be quick. It is a long and laborious process. I personally have been unable to even come close to the results I've achieved with a Porter Cable.

Alternative - hide swirls
Some waxes contain filler that have fillers in them - a majority, if not all, of Meguiar's contain fillers. This will give the appearance that there are less swirls. It's much easier than trying to eliminate swirls by hand. The drawback is that as the wax wears off, the swirls are back.

Zaino ZPC - Is this available in Canada? Example: Canadian Tire? Is their something comparable if not? What about a cordless buffer?

Thanks

Back