• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

kid crashes daddys new stang

I almost did this when I was 10. Luckily my father picked up my leg and jammed it on the breaks. The 67 was about 2 inches away from a tree when it came to a halt.

I would not at all be happy with that kid ... till the realization set in that it was (most likely) an accident ! Sure , it wasn't smart to give your 14 year-old the keys to the new Stang , but what 14 year-old car nut wouldn't want to turn those keys just a little ?? The guy should've double-checked to make sure it was in neutral .

My boss' sister (back in the day) nearly drove their family's Corvair into the house (via the back of the garage wall) . If it weren't for the chest freezer sitting there , it would've been in the kitchen ! Almost killed their nearly-new 'Vair . She was turning the key to listen to the radio while the parents were away .

About 2 years ago , my neighbor's daughter drove a car into the front of my wife's Jetta , parked out in front of our house . They had their car parked the wrong way 'round at the curb in front of the Jett (which kinda annoys me to this day) - she was with her friends in the car , listening to the radio (seeing a trend here ? ;) ) , messing around , the car started & drove up onto the curb & into the nose of my wife's car . The Jetta took a rad support , 2 headlights , grille , (real) german plate & bracket , and it got a buncha scratches :mad: - she got a slap on the wrists because she was 15 at the time .

So ya see , stuff happens ... but now there's YouTube to broadcast it to the world :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
I just underwent the most horrible inner struggle I think I've ever had to go through.

Do I laugh?
or
Do I cringe in anger/disgust?

I'm at a loss

My cousin drove my Uncles Mint '86 Fiero GT into the garage door. The car was fine but he had to replace the garage door. He was 16, in Mass., thats when you learn how to drive.

He ended up totalling it when he was 19 in Boston.

OMFGROFLMGDMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAWK YO COUCH!

I would beat that kid senseless! You always leave the car in gear, you never let a 14 yo kid get behind the wheel and start the car up.

It sounds like that wasn't the guys house...LOLERSKATES..."you're getting all this right?!"

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! :laugh:

roflcopter.gif

I'll tell you what. His parents will be alot more cautious when he pull into the garage from now on.

pshshababahahahahhaha

made my morning!!

i was driving a manual better then that kid when i was 8!

this is why you put the hand brake on

When I went to get new tires, the guy who drove it around parked it in 1st and I started it and dropped the clutch thinking I was in neutral like always, I had to jam the clutch back in before smacking the cinderblock in front of me :nonono:

I love how you can hear the supercharger wine a little as the kid mashes the gas into the garage instead of the brake. Simple mistake, I guess :shrug:

:laugh:

Last edited:
Good thing no one was standing in front of the car when that happened.

I usually park with the car in neutral, unless on a hill. Always with the e-brake.

A good habit would be to check if its in neutral, even when you know you were the last one to drive it.

That's one of many reasons I'm not having kids.

one of the first things i do when getting into a car with a stick is make sure its in neutral, its a habit, i do it without even thinking about it.
and the funny part is i will usually do it more than once before i turn the key.

Back