• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Camping site for Carlisle

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
OK, all, it's your friendly neighborhood moderator here. I need a final list of all those that are planning to camp at the Western Village R.V. Campground for Carlisle. This is NOT the site inside the fairgrounds, it is about 2 miles away. Each campsite is permitted 2 tents, so I want to reserve enough for all of us to be together. Each site was $35 per night, last year, so you can figure on splitting that between two tents, hopefully. I am using my credit card to reserve the sites, but the actual cost will be paid by you once you get there. If you are interested, please add your name to the following list. I will be calling at the end of the week.

Camping list:
1. getsum111 (Scott) + brother (Geoff).

Thanks for responding. BTW, they do have electric outlets, and hot showers, so we won't be complete savages!!:laugh:

My only tent is actually quite large so someone is welcome to use it as well. I think its actually a 6-7 person tent.

Camping list:
2. Guitarman19853 (Ryan)

Camping list:
2. Guitarman19853 (Ryan)
3. Black 98 CSVT (Shawn)
4. Imnotacop420 (Malcolm)

Camping list:
2. Guitarman19853 (Ryan)
3. Black 98 CSVT (Shawn)
4. Imnotacop420 (Malcolm)
5. Zerohour (Scott)

Camping list:
2. Guitarman19853 (Ryan)
3. Black 98 CSVT (Shawn)
4. Zerohour (Scott)

Not going to be able to make it, I posted in the Carlise thread already. I will be unable to get the time off of work........maybe next year!

Not going to be able to make it, I posted in the Carlise thread already. I will be unable to get the time off of work........maybe next year!

douche

:laugh:

on a side note, todras might be meeting me in cleveland and coming up in my car. only if i get it running... lol

OK, here's the scoop. Since there's only 4 of us, I reserved 2 tent sites at the Western Village RV Park, for Friday thru Sunday morning. The earliest we can go set up Friday is 2:00 p.m., hope that's OK with everyone. I put down a $80 deposit, so whoever shares the other site can repay me once we get there. Each site costs $29 per night, for a total of $58, which should leave a balance of $18 for each site.

A map is provided on the website, here:
http://www.westernvillagervpark.com/

I am not permitted to bring firewood, as my county is under a "wood ban":laugh: , so unless someone else can get some, we'll have to get it there.

If you arrive before me (not sure if I can get off Friday or not yet), just check in at the office and tell them you have a spot reserved under my name, Scott Brandt. If they ask, we only have 4 people total coming, but we can squeeze more in if needed. I'll provide more details as needed.

:cool:

I guess I can bring the wood. :rolleyes:

I'll have to check to see what I have around, and make sure its not ant/bee/bug infested. I don't want an ant farm in my Contour. :blackeye:

Scott, call the campsite and check, they have a list of various counties that are not permitted to bring your own wood, but most of them are in Western PA. Figures, i've cut down about 6 trees worth of wood since last fall. :blackeye:

If you can't fit it, we can always find someone selling it locally to Carlisle.

When they asked my address, they told me not to bring any, said they'd have wood sniffing dogs at check in....

Ok, that last part wasn't true.:laugh:

When they asked my address, they told me not to bring any, said they'd have wood sniffing dogs at check in....

Ok, that last part wasn't true.:laugh:

I guess I just don't get why they would ban woods from certain areas.

"You better not bring that stuff, it burns EXTRA HOT"

Back