• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

TUFTOUR

Hard-core CEG'er
Pics of UIM and LIM before cleaning...not too bad for 100k plus miles...

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

New injectors installed, but am now waiting for a return-style injector harness from Bagged...fyi, the turbo kit ONLY comes with return-style injectors, so returnless folks need to convert over...

IMG_0377.jpg

Some pics of what the car looks like now...major dismantling of front end is about done, so the more exciting parts of the install will happen next...

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

hey paul if your going return style fuel system the fuel rails are very different since the rails have a pressure regulator in them if you haven't noticed yet plus i do beleive the fuel pump is even different in the tank and the biggest thing different is the computer on how it delivers the fuel. if you ever need a hand with anything just let me know.

hey paul if your going return style fuel system the fuel rails are very different since the rails have a pressure regulator in them if you haven't noticed yet plus i do beleive the fuel pump is even different in the tank and the biggest thing different is the computer on how it delivers the fuel. if you ever need a hand with anything just let me know.

I only need the harness (actually, just the connectors,) so I'm not converting the entire fuel system to return style, that is not necessary. To clarify, the upgraded injectors will only plug into the return-style harness, but you do not have to change your entire system to use the return-style harness if you have a returnless fuel system. Don't worry, I cleared this with Joey ;)

Looks good paul. Nice facility to do the install. I hope you got an LSD otherwise I am going to have to call you pirate paul.

Sorry, no LSD...if the diff. breaks, than I'll have one installed. The budget was exhausted at the time when I had the stage 2 clutch put in 2 years ago, so that's why I never went that route. I do have the poly roll resistors front and rear, so I'm hoping that will do for now...and thanks for the compliments :)

Your off to a good start! :cool:

But omg, is that dirt hiding behind your wheel wells! :laugh: The car is still amazingly clean underneath with the bumper off!

your car sucks.

and ill tell that to you at AFN. im not afraid of ur big burly bear arms.

but anyway looking good. car is very clean. ill take 3rd in line please

Back