• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Never been done before foglight, discuss

Pudmunkie

Hard-core CEG'er
DSC02013.jpg

Its the same projector 'milan' used for his actual headlight, just modified the cut off, so it should project a good distance, and have increadible spread.

No night shots because it isnt on the car yet.

Didnt goonz have projector Foglights?

I think he didnt like them.

Pretty cool tho.

Goonz's projectors were freaking huge with a single, small mounting point on a flimsy stock mount. Couldnt hold the weight still and must have jiggled like crazy. This looks like it fits in the foglight hole, and probably wont move around much.

Me likey.

Better protect them from rocks, I don't even like spending $20 on foglights :nonono:

Does look very cool though :laugh:

Rawburt, I read that thread chad made a couple days ago and just laughed!

These fog lights use a mounting bracket that I have (can have) cut up that mount to the two stock mounting locations. (does not use the stock fog bracket)

I dont have any beam pictures because I havent had the time to put them on the car. The plan is to finish modifying the shield (flat cut off, instead of a step) and wire them up for some testing. Ultimatley I will end up with a couple sheets of Lamin-X over it (undecided if ill do clear or yellow).

These projectors are "overkill" for a fog light situation, but for those of you who car, the stock fogs and the other fog options do not do much more then light up a couple lines on the ground. These projectors have quite a bit of spread, and a damn good depth. alternativley, if you wanted a 'driving' style light you could swap these for the reflector based high beam 90mm's that are a bit cheaper

Ive just got to get around to getting them on, getting them aimed, and making sure they work out fine.

As for those worried about them cracking, Ive had hella 2500's on for over a year (all seasons) and they are in good condition aside from some pitting on the glass, with Lamin-X im not worried. that and replacements are only 50 bucks ;)

Overall, you'd end up spending less on these, then you would on the PIAA's (which are around 200 if I recall).

I wonder if there'd be interest in these brackets.... :shrug:

They didnt cost me anything, they were paid for by a customer since they are for his car ;)

Generally hella 90mm lows run 58 a peice plus shipping, highs run the same im not sure why I thought they cost less...

Brakets are free for me, since I fabricated them. Id have to figure out pricing, but less then 50.

PIAA's cost that much? Damn :laugh: I had them on my car since I bought it and one is cracked and the other has water vapor in it. I'll probably end up sending you a PM down the road if you're interested in making more brackets.

Thanks! gives me a set price, to be able to undercut. Not to mention the performance difference would far suprass the 510's

Perhaps enough interest will spark a group buy for the mounting hardware :laugh:

Well considering my crappy stock fog brackets cracked (modded to fit my PIAA's) finally crapped out. I may go to this as well.

Back