• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Goodyear Tripletred Tires

gearhead

CEG'er
Does anyone have Goodyear Tripletred tire on their car? I just bought new tires and after much research I got the Tripletred. I got a deal on them ($96/per) for 205/60-15's. I've had a chance to drive them in some pretty heavy rain and they are AWESOME in the wet. Better than the Dunlop SP Sport A2's I had and they were really good. The car feels like it's on rails in the dry. Haven't had a chance to try them in the snow and ice, but that time's coming. If anyone has these tires, what pressure do you run in them? I'm running 36 front, 34 rear. I want to make sure they wear evenly, so that's why I'm asking. I usually ran 38 and 36 in the Dunlops, but they had softer sidewalls than the Tripletreds. The only very minor downside is slightly slightly more ride harshness because of the stiff sidewalls, but then that's what makes it handle so much better. Opinions??? Thanks, all, in advance...
gy_assurance_triple_ci2_s.jpg

gy_assurance_triple_ci1_s.jpg

I just got a set of Pilot Exalto A/S. seems they are gonna workout great for winter tires

I wish I could pay the price you paid, for me those things are at least $160 a piece canadian, I want an amazing deal but meh, it sucks that I can't get one like that. The best I can get is 4 Good year Eagle GT-HR (not the best tire), $290 for all 4 balanced and installed, im running two on the front now.

That sucks....I just got lucky and sweet talked my way into the deal at NTB. I've been getting tires from them for almost 20 years and they wanted to keep my business.....

i cant figure out what tires i want for summer. i was thinking BFgoodrich KDW but im just not sure. any tire would be better than mine right now. i have to tread at all on all 4 tires and it just sucks.

I have them on my '00 mustang, great tire! like you said it handles on railsin dry especially on rwd platform!and the tire perfoms well in the rain and light snow really well also.Anyways I would buy them for my svt but I'm thinkin of hi po summer tires.Great choice of tire though.I think Ipaid $400 for tires and installation(mounting and balancing).

I have these tires on my Focus ZX3. I have 205/55/16's and I run them 36 Front 34 Rear. Like you said, great tire in the rain, better than expected in the dry, and I have tested them out in 3" of wet snow and they were able to pull me along w/out much drama!

Great info, Dr. Cross. I've just again the other day drove them in a heavy downpour. I couldn't believe how good they were in the rain.

Back