• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sonic Coming to Grand Rapids

Dave98SVT

CEG'er
The Grand Rapids Press had a story that within the next year a sonic will be coming to Grand Rapids. It is scanned below.
sonic.jpg

I heard we are getting a couple in the Chicago area.

We just made a 300 mile round trip down to Champaigne, IL last week to have some Sonic.:crazy:

They built a sonic 1 mile from my house last fall and it opened in October.... :cool:

Unfortunately, we moved about 6 miles farther away in mid-September.... :blackeye:

Just had the 5 for $5.95 Hamburger Special with Mom and my nephew last night.

Sonics our Tuesday night thang!

Last edited:
are you sure its comming to grand rapids? I read that article in the paper and it didn't really say where or when it was comming? also what part of jenison you from, I got family out there and used to live there just wondering if I ever seen your car out there?

are you sure its comming to grand rapids? I read that article in the paper and it didn't really say where or when it was comming? also what part of jenison you from, I got family out there and used to live there just wondering if I ever seen your car out there?

If you're familiar with the area by Charlie's Dump. No its not a trash dump but a soccer bowl/sledding hill.

My car is the second post on this page
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=82&page=9

just what michigan needs, another fast food chain. :rolleyes:

I will probably end up driving stupid lengths to get some.

because im terribly dumb.

Such excitement over Sonic! Wonder what all reaction you might have if you ever get an In-N-Out?!!! Sonic in Fort Collins was pretty good and the old style car hop layout was kind of a neat novelty. That was pre-2000 and I can say I wasn't THAT impressed that I had to go to one in the SAC area when they came.

Although ... I did just look up their locations and MAYBE I'll hit the one up not far from my work someday?

Last edited:
Such excitement over Sonic! Wonder what all reaction you might have if you ever get an In-N-Out?!!! Sonic in Fort Collins was pretty good and the old style car hop layout was kind of a neat novelty. That was pre-2000 and I can say I wasn't THAT impressed that I had to go to one in the SAC area when they came.

Although ... I did just look up their locations and MAYBE I'll hit the one up not far from my work someday?

I had some In N Out when I was out west... Not impressed.

Sonic in GR? Todd an eurotour better be ready for some house guests :)

Back